Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Start, Turbo Timer And Total Closure?

Myko

I'm thinking of having a turbo timer added to my Toyota Avensis to prolong the life of the turbo and wondering if anyone else has had one fitted to their Toyota. Any advice would be most welcome!

Tbh dude I wouldn't fit one to an avensis D unless you are constantly pushing it hard and getting it boiling hot!

Best way to prolong the turbo life is to just make sure it is warmed up properly to get the oil round it before properly going into boost! :thumbsup:

Ok thanks for your information. I had a renault laguna before this and blew the Turbo, cost 1400 to replace and i'm now just worried that i'm going to do the same again. I dont give it a real thrashing BUT i have a mountain to climb to get me onto the main road. A cold hill climb I have been told is bad for the turbo. Wish I knew when the turbo kicks in and I could then keep it below that point when cold!

Generally you can feel it kick in, but ask avensis owners they may be able to help. A turbo timer wont help much with the earlier journey, plus your laguna was FRENCH :!Removed!:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links