Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing Costs

Seano01

Hi Everyone, I've had my IQ since last summer and have been thinking about booking it in for it's 1st service soon. Does anyone know how much servicing should cost? thanks

Hi Everyone, I've had my IQ since last summer and have been thinking about booking it in for it's 1st service soon. Does anyone know how much servicing should cost? thanks

I don't think that the service would cost the same everywhere, but here in Portugal, I just had may IQ serviced for the 15.000kms and it costed me 111,65€.

In the Netherlands it's 112 something......standard prices all writen in the brochure on the website.

That's great! Thanks for your feedback, just wanted to make sure I have a good idea of how much I should be paying before I go to the dealer!

I was quoted £146 by my nearest dealer last week - given loads of speak about special oil etc etc hence the price !!!went back to the one we bought it from who quoted £119 so I called our nearest one back to ask why they are charging so much.

They agreed to do it for £111 which worked for me as about 10 miles nearer.

I took out a service plan with the dealer when I bought my iQ. It covers 3 years servicing and costs £16 a month. I dare say I might have found a cheaper option elsewhere but I'm happy with the work the garage does and better the devil you know I say.

Seems that it's the same service price everywhere afterall....

Sadly not. I've just asked for quotes via email:

Toll House Toyota Horsham £151.75 (oil: mobil-1 fully synthetic hence price)

Yeomans Worthing £138 (they use the same oil)

Abbey Redhill - no reply

Toll House Toyota Gatwick - no reply (My dealer ... promising? :unsure: )

Is there anyone else who bought/had service at Toll House Gatwick? What's your experience so far?

Not had any experience yet except initial looksee at the IQ before we bought one. Very helpful then .....

Hoping that they'd be ok as I really don't want to use Yeomans Peacehaven after I had the mother of all rows with them !!!!

Gatwick would be helpful as I'm at the airport for work anyways and could just drop off the car / pick up after work.

Here's hoping for somebody with favourable feedback methinks

Si

Abbey Redhill - no reply

Is there anyone else who bought/had service at Toll House Gatwick? What's your experience so far?

Update:

Abbey Redhill - £128 (with Toyota's Engine Oil)

S2Sosmart,

I've booked ours twice for repairs so far. Here's what happened:

- First was the 66mpg display issue. When we first tested the car the dealer guy said it was a known issue and ours was going to be fitted with an updated display. It wasn't. No big deal. They promised to let us know when a fix was going to be issued.

Later on this forum others reported there was a fix and posted the part number as well. Thought I would wait for the dealer's call ... after a month I went in with the part number to let them no there is a fix for the problem.

First they were surprised to hear the well known issue but they said they would investigate (1)what the part number was, (2)if it can be replaced under warranty. Of course, I was promised to be called that day.

A week went by. Called Toyota Customer Care ... They called Toll House ... Finally Toll House called back.

Long story short: I got a new display and some scratches on the dash. No big deal, hardly noticeable.

- Second time:

(1)I booked it with the gearbox issue(notchy 2nd 3rd) - I gave the box 6000miles to run in.

(2)Rear break squeak.

(3)Suspension noise.

They changed the gearbox oil which improved gear change. I was asked to rebook if it comes back. (It did after 30 odd miles:()

Suspension noise: I was advised to monitor my winter tyres :)

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Doesn't sound too promising at all !!!!

Looks like Yeomans in Worthing might be worth investigating.I know it's the same company but here's hoping that it doesn't have the same :censor: view to customers as their other branch :censor: :censor:

Si

P.S. Why do motor dealerships have to be such a pain in the a***. Does any other industry do for their customers like they do ??

...Gatwick would be helpful as I'm at the airport for work anyways and could just drop off the car / pick up after work.

Here's hoping for somebody with favourable feedback methinks

Si

Si, I know the Gatwick dealership very well. In the past seven years or so we had our Corolla Verso serviced by them I found the staff to be really helpful and the prices they quoted were very accurate. The service desk team were always friendly and exceptionally helpful. One Saturday morning we eventually discovered the engine noise we were experiencing was due to a leaking seal and most of the oil was gone. They put in several liters of oil free of charge to see us through until the Monday when the seal was replaced. I'd have no hesitation recommending them to you.

Ok thanks for that. Any other takers while I'm in a pondering mood lol ???

Si

Abbey Redhill - no reply

I made a second attempt with Toll House Gatwick. They got back to me this time (promptly).

The service cost £151.75 just like at Horsham. Knowing that Abbey uses Toyota's engine oil I asked again how much would it be with that. Answer came: £129.86

So, it's good to know you can opt for the cheaper Toyota Oil.

Abbey Redhill - no reply

I made a second attempt with Toll House Gatwick. They got back to me this time (promptly).

The service cost £151.75 just like at Horsham. Knowing that Abbey uses Toyota's engine oil I asked again how much would it be with that. Answer came: £129.86

So, it's good to know you can opt for the cheaper Toyota Oil.

Thanks for the heads-up on the oil. I shall ask for that when Peanut goes in for her first service.

Oil is also same specs?

Cheap isn't always better.

That's also true but I'd like to think that Mr. T would not add their name to a product if they knew it was going to be substandard?

Oil is also same specs?

Cheap isn't always better.

This is true the other way around as well. I had a look at the car's booklet and it says:

(p.431) "Toyota Genuine Motor Oil(=TGMO) is used in your Toyota vehicle. Toyota recommends the use of approved TGMO or another oil matching quality can also be used."

I am not against using Mobil-1 top spec oil if I am the one who puts it in the car.

Let me explain. Many owners change garage after 3 years. The dealer has 3 years to benefit from the regular services. Dealership is a business pursuing profit, it's employees pursue bonuses, so they do everything within reason to keep running costs down, incomes as high level as they can.

Engine oil at such places is used in large quantities so to make a good margin on it is vital. I think.

In my case if I had been booked for a cheap service and offered a high spec for only £23 more, I would have considered it. Letting the customer make decisions build trust, which becomes very important by the end of the third year.

Hi Si, odd seeing Smarties on here lol! Yeomans Citroen in Fareham were a PITA to deal with over 10yrs ago, see nothing's changed!

Is Peanut P700 NUT?? If so spotted earlier at Longleat, mine is Ozzy the white iQ3 that was parked a couple of cars down!

Kate

Hello Kate. Seems that there are quite a few of us who've taken the leap over. So far the politics don't seem to made it onto here like they have on the orange board & maniacs et al thank god !!!

Glad to have made the move even after 8 years of good motoring.

Si

**sorry to highjack the thread again**

• 3 weeks later...

Just had the first 10k service completed at Benfield Toyota in Wakefield.

Cost was £112, so fairly happy with that.

I've also taken out a monthly payment plan for the 2nd, 3rd & 4th services for a total of £400, saving £100 against the quoted cost of £500 and also avoiding any increase in service costs that may happen in that time.

I think I have been quoted £186 by steven eagell toyota in Luton... this is for my iQs first ever service. From what I have gathered £186 is alot compared to what some people have paid on here.

Hi Si, odd seeing Smarties on here lol! Yeomans Citroen in Fareham were a PITA to deal with over 10yrs ago, see nothing's changed!

Is Peanut P700 NUT?? If so spotted earlier at Longleat, mine is Ozzy the white iQ3 that was parked a couple of cars down!

Kate

Kate,

Peanut is my wife's name for her. She was eating some one day and said the iQ was not much bigger. After that, the name stuck. :)