Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Yaris Help

davidtameside

Hi all, I am buying parts for my friends yaris, he lives in angola and i live in manchester. He has a 2009 model, i am looking to buy aftermarket headlights and tail lights also body kit and precut window tints, but every online store is advertising the parts for 06-08 yaris. is the 09 the same shape and will the parts fit? Thanks in advance, sorry if there are any mistakes in this post, trying do type it on my mobile web browser. cheers David

Hi all, I am buying parts for my friends yaris, he lives in angola and i live in manchester. He has a 2009 model, i am looking to buy aftermarket headlights and tail lights also body kit and precut window tints, but every online store is advertising the parts for 06-08 yaris. is the 09 the same shape and will the parts fit? Thanks in advance, sorry if there are any mistakes in this post, trying do type it on my mobile web browser. cheers David

Tail lights and headlights were differently shaped on the 2009 model I'm afraid.

Also, if his Angolan Yaris was Japanese built even some of the mundane accessories might not fit, as UK models (apart from the 1.8SR) are built in France and there are differences that the untrained eye might not notice.

You might get away with body kit parts and window tints, but there's just a chance that Jap and French built models are slightly different or have different mounting points for bumpers, lights, etc.

The rear lights on the 2009 Yaris have LED’s, not sure about the headlight shape but they are slightly different.

Thanks guys, these websites are selling head lights from 06 to 09 so now im confused and is making my head hurt, dont want to send parts that are wrong due to high postage costs

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-YARIS-2006-2009-FRONT-HEADLIGHT-R-H-OR-L-H_W0QQitemZ200384411147QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2ea7d7760b

http://www.mytightride.com/toy-yaris-06-projectors-headlights.html

advice anyone

thanks

this is the info i got on the car but can not make out the model, any ideas anyone

Vin JTDKW923896128022

engine 2nz-fe 1299cc. c/tr068/fz18.A/tm 02a/u441e

Thanks in advance

this is the info i got on the car but can not make out the model, any ideas anyone

Vin JTDKW923896128022

engine 2nz-fe 1299cc. c/tr068/fz18.A/tm 02a/u441e

Thanks in advance

VIN number starts with a J so its definately Japanese built. UK cars are French built, so its definately a bit risky sending UK sourced parts. Even if they look the same, they could have different fittings.

(For example, French and Japanese sterring wheels aren't interchageable, even though they look identical.)

The lights may look the same but have different mounting lugs....

With regadr to 2009 models:

If you look that the 2009 model closeups, they have different front headlights shapes and a different bonnet shape to match. The headlights "pinch in" a bit halfway up the bonnet edge and are not a smooth continuous line like the 2008 and earlier models.

Also the rear bumper has a different shape on the 2009 models and the lower edge of the rear lights is different to follow the new rear bumper.

I know you're trying to help but its going to be a minefield. To get parts guaranteed to fit, he really needs to source them from Asia, as that's the market that's making for the Japanee built models like your friend has.

Thanks for the reply, is the engine number wrong for a 2009 model

engine 2nz-fe 1299cc

thanks

Its fitted to Japanese built cars only.

UK cars built in France up to 2008 had the 2SZ-FE 1.3 engine and then in 2009 it was superceded by a new 1.33 (103hp) engine.

You can see it here and this fits in with the J prefix VIN number that says its a Japanese built model...

http://toyota.jp/vitz/concept/concept/index.html

If you go further in their Jap web site, they say that the 2NZ engine is fitted to the four wheel drive version - even more reason to worry that any UK sourced parts may not fit. We don't even have a 4WD version available here.....

Its fitted to Japanese built cars only.

UK cars built in France up to 2008 had the 2SZ-FE 1.3 engine and then in 2009 it was superceded by a new 1.33 (103hp) engine.

You can see it here and this fits in with the J prefix VIN number that says its a Japanese built model...

http://toyota.jp/vitz/concept/concept/index.html

If you go further in their Jap web site, they say that the 2NZ engine is fitted to the four wheel drive version - even more reason to worry that any UK sourced parts may not fit. We don't even have a 4WD version available here.....

Thanks for th reply. Does anyone know where I can source parts for the JAP version??

Thanks

Simplistically - Asia....

French built Yarii are sold in Europe, US built Yarii in the Americas and Japanese built Yarii are sold in Asia....

The last Japanese Yaris sold in the UK was the 1.8SR model and imports stopped in 2008.

They never imported a 1.8SR version of the "2009 facelift" model, so you're not going to get any parts locally that are designed to fit a 2009 Japanese built car....

Some parts for a French built 2009 car may actually fit, but its a pure gamble...