Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black Or White

Chris Ray

Well my accountant has confirmed I can change my Black Gen 2 T Spirit for a Gen 3 on a lease agreement, and the figures look good from Toyota, with a 2 week delivery promised!

I like the Pearl White, but they can offer me Black as well at a slightly lower cost.

My current Black car is hard to keep clean and shows scratches, so any feedback would be appreciated as to what other owners think, although I know they may be biased!!

Any pics would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Mine is a pig to keep clean. It shows all the scratches and I wouldn't get another black car again. sorry

p.s. It does look good when clean and polished.

Hi the black is at a lower cost because it is a solid colour not metallic

it looks good but only when clean but then the metallic white is the same

so you pays your money and takes your choice as they say

Thanks for the replies.

They will both get dirty as I drive about 3000 miles a month, but as GC says, my current Black Gen 2 does show the scratches as well, so hopefully the White will not be so bad!

Looking like the White will be the choice.

Red might be good, but not an option for the 2 week delivery and I would like to change before mine is due it's MOT in June, just to save a bit more expense!!

I second the comments made about that black.

Looks very smart when clean and yet to see another black one of the road.

Dirt/dust and especially SCRATCHES are becomming a real pain. Im not convinced the paint job on the latest Prius is upto the job, judging by posts on here and also over on Prius Chat.

I love black when clean, but that only lasts about 5 minutes....Also this black is a solid and not a metallic which personally I like a little less...

Very happy with my Pearl White Prius :thumbsup:

Even during the worst of the winter weather, it never looked that bad. Only during washing did the fully horror of just how covered in road grime it really was, show itself.

Not as good as silver cars for hiding a multitude of dirty, but not bad! :lol:

Had black cars in the past. :( Seem to attract dust and dirt even before your pack the hose away! :angry:

Thanks for the replies, going for the Pearl White and hope to get ordered tomorrow, with delivery on 10 May!

Really looking forward to it, as been very happy with my Gen 2 and cannot wait to try out all the new T Spirit features and get that fuel consumption over 60mpg, as I have never dropped below 50mpg in 75000 miles in the Gen 2 (genuine calcs, not the computer!)

Thanks for the replies, going for the Pearl White and hope to get ordered tomorrow, with delivery on 10 May!

Really looking forward to it, as been very happy with my Gen 2 and cannot wait to try out all the new T Spirit features and get that fuel consumption over 60mpg, as I have never dropped below 50mpg in 75000 miles in the Gen 2 (genuine calcs, not the computer!)

That be a box standard one then with such quick delivery ;-)

Yep, did not want any extras and it is a demonstrator they have on order.

Hope you got sorted out with yours?

I'm just doing the sums now :-( It is between the Prius and a Discover 4 :-O

Enjoy it, I'm jealous....

Discover 4

:eek:

£750 1st year (Showroom) car tax! :shutit:

An "official" :lol: average of 30 mpg! :o

and the pleasure of having a breakdown vehicle accompany you on every journey :thumbsup:

Good luck! :huh:

Has anyone got a Novus Grey to know whether they are as bad as black?

Hi, I got the Novus Grey, it was a toss up between that and the silver for me, as my wife previously had a black car and it was awful to keep clean. She now has a silver car and although it is ok, the tar spots on it are terrible.

As to the Novus, it is no where near as bad as black to keep clean, in fact a quick wash and wipe with a quality synthetic chammy and it's gleaming - the easiest colour to keep clean I've ever had. However, having said that it has very few metallic 'flecks' and to my mind is more of a solid colour.

I'd go with white, a fresh colour a decent change and also black is so hard to keep clean and spotless. My dads Hyundai Coupe used to be black (until it became a show car) and it was gorgeous when polished up but a pig to keep it that way.

Go white, it's the sensible option IMO. :yes::thumbsup:

OK, ordered today and is already at Toyota Depot, so just got to see how quickly the Dealer can get it!

Will miss my Gen 2, but sure this will be an improvement

Has anyone got a Novus Grey to know whether they are as bad as black?

Hi, I got the Novus Grey, it was a toss up between that and the silver for me, as my wife previously had a black car and it was awful to keep clean. She now has a silver car and although it is ok, the tar spots on it are terrible.

As to the Novus, it is no where near as bad as black to keep clean, in fact a quick wash and wipe with a quality synthetic chammy and it's gleaming - the easiest colour to keep clean I've ever had. However, having said that it has very few metallic 'flecks' and to my mind is more of a solid colour.

Thanks, elliotsdad. Am looking forward to having mine delivered.

Will be interesting to see how quick it goes! Bet you can't wait :-)

Was in the Dealers today, maddening that the car is in this country in the depot, but will not get it for 2 weeks!

They are trying their best though

:thumbsup:

Make them work for their £570.44 delivery charge ;-) Afterall you are paying for it :-)