Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Handbrake Adjustment

ArthurPewty

Just wondering how many clicks the handrake should go up to on a 1.6 Rolla T3?...My Sis in law just had hers serviced by Mr. T and with the handbrake goin up to 6 clicks to hold it on an average hill they said it didnt need adjusting!...sure mine was doing about 4 after the last adjustment...

Any advice appreciated...Cheers :thumbsup:

Just wondering how many clicks the handrake should go up to on a 1.6 Rolla T3?...My Sis in law just had hers serviced by Mr. T and with the handbrake goin up to 6 clicks to hold it on an average hill they said it didnt need adjusting!...sure mine was doing about 4 after the last adjustment...

Any advice appreciated...Cheers :thumbsup:

Mines 1 click (on a Yaris)

M.O.T. d mine earlier this month and it went through no problem on 9 clicks, adjusted it last week down to 6 clicks, have always been led to believe that between 4 - 6 was about right.

M.O.T. d mine earlier this month and it went through no problem on 9 clicks, adjusted it last week down to 6 clicks, have always been led to believe that between 4 - 6 was about right.

How can I adjust mine, its pretty high. Dunno how many clicks off the top of my head tho.

How can I adjust mine, its pretty high. Dunno how many clicks off the top of my head tho.

Took the advice of my local mr t mechanic, adjust the shoes on the back so they are tight by turning the adjuster up all the way untill they are tight, then put a wheel nut on the left side of the drum (tighted nut) and place the wheel brace on it and lean on the wheel brace slacken off (down on the adjuster) until the drum slips and as he said then they are set.

You will find the adjuster on the bottom of the drum behind the rubber gromit.

Hope this makes sense.

Nice one :-)...i will pass this on to her and see if she wants to get it back in for some adjustment...

Cheers people :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I always do it on the drum too. a bit more involved but distribution tends to be more even.

• 13 years later...

My 1.8 T3 Corollo Verso handbrake now comes up 4 clicks. This is after having the rear handbrake shoes replaced.