Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2.2 180

blackcts

Hi all,

My boss is about to buy a 09 auris 2.2 180 and plans to keep the car for a long time. The car has 9k but he does 20k a year. Is the car likely to give head problems when it gets older? Or have Toyota fixed the problems with the 2.2 diesel? Anything else to look out for?

Cheers!

you shouldnt have any problems fella so long as the car has been through the recalls for the ecu, the steering and the power pedal. he will be made up. just tell him that once every 100 miles or so he should put his foot down in second or third gear on a straight in order to blow out the particulate filter and exhaust system. Will also get rid of any excess crap and oil in the cylinders. But chances are, since he is getting a t180 he will be doing this anyway in order to harness the power.

Hi all,

My boss is about to buy a 09 auris 2.2 180 and plans to keep the car for a long time. The car has 9k but he does 20k a year. Is the car likely to give head problems when it gets older? Or have Toyota fixed the problems with the 2.2 diesel? Anything else to look out for?

Cheers!

The 09 models will have modified piston rings and head gasket addressing 2.2 problems of the past. I'm not sure the egr valve has changed but doing 20k pa won't cause problems.

There are no other mechanical deficiencies recorded with the auris from the last 3 years or the t180 engine for the last 5 years from other models asside from what I mentioned.

The tyres last well cheap to run on insurance, OK road tax and fair servicing.

The 09 model should also have the last ecu updates and fuel mapping.

The only thing that may dissapoint is fuel economy. Vag 170 engines as a comparison do low 40s or at best mid 40s. T180 MPG is typically about 40 MPG. Due to the 2.2 cylinder capacity, heavy weight from the large side impact beam, pesdestrian fat absorby but not particualy Aero shape and aggressive nox gas filtering which produces more soot which is dealt with by using a 5th injector, injecting fuel into the exhaust to burn off the soot which reduces MPG.

Anyway soot is created on cold short journeys. Typically less than about 30 miles unless on mway. I find a dramatic improvement over longer distances. On a recent trip to mid west Wales the first part was showing about 38 MPG increasing to 44 after the 7 hour round trip. I suspect 20k pa would see You the better side of 40. Something I thought I should hightlight for a 20k traveller as fuel would seemingly be important to most at 1.21 per litre.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links