Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Leak

gavin32

HI i have what seems to be oil all sprayed up under the drivers front side wheel arch .I first noticed it when i went to get in to the car their was some oil on the ground just under neath the stared of the drivers side sil .Their was no oil under neath the car its self.their seems to be tiny little splashes of oil down the whole drivers side of the car as if i drove through some oil.I am just wondering are the shocks oil or gas but to be honest the shocks are fine and their is no oil on the shock its self just the wheel arc.this was last saturday i noticed it and since then their has been no oil on the ground since.But after driving the car when i check the wheel arc it still is wet and oily .Have checked the engine oil and all is well their not losing oil their.

ANY IDEAS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP .THANKS IN ADVANCED GAVIN :help:

HI i have what seems to be oil all sprayed up under the drivers front side wheel arch .

My initial thoughts would be brake fluid or grease from a damaged rubber on the cv joint or even power steering fluid if its used on that model.

• 1 month later...

HI i have what seems to be oil all sprayed up under the drivers front side wheel arch .I first noticed it when i went to get in to the car their was some oil on the ground just under neath the stared of the drivers side sil .Their was no oil under neath the car its self.their seems to be tiny little splashes of oil down the whole drivers side of the car as if i drove through some oil.I am just wondering are the shocks oil or gas but to be honest the shocks are fine and their is no oil on the shock its self just the wheel arc.this was last saturday i noticed it and since then their has been no oil on the ground since.But after driving the car when i check the wheel arc it still is wet and oily .Have checked the engine oil and all is well their not losing oil their.

Hi

Just check the oil cooler pipe where it goes under the radiator

Mine had corroded and dropped oil then sprayed into the wheel arch when driving at speed

Worth checking

Weirdvisions