Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Noise

Seano01

Hi Guys,

does any of you notice a strange 'gurgling' noise when accelerating in lower gears.?

I've had my IQ for roughly 8 months now and have noticed it more and more lately.

it happens most when i press the accelerator pedal when I am in 1st or 2nd gear, esecially so when going up hill!

It comes from underneath the car to the rear, it sounds like it is from the exhaust, almost like their might be a hole in it.

I've checked under the car but can't see anything!

i'd be interested to know if anybody has the same problem and any solutions/advice you have

thanks

seano

Try to press the interiour recirculating stand...............noise is almost gone then.

If you drive with your rear seats down it's more noticable but it's a kind of "valve" for ventilaition inside the cabin.

Hi Guys,

does any of you notice a strange 'gurgling' noise when accelerating in lower gears.?

I've had my IQ for roughly 8 months now and have noticed it more and more lately.

it happens most when i press the accelerator pedal when I am in 1st or 2nd gear, esecially so when going up hill!

It comes from underneath the car to the rear, it sounds like it is from the exhaust, almost like their might be a hole in it.

I've checked under the car but can't see anything!

i'd be interested to know if anybody has the same problem and any solutions/advice you have

thanks

seano

Hi seano01,

I may have the same issue,I get a vibration through the steering wheel & acc pedal occasionally,but mainly it's a cabin booming/vibration. It mainly happens when i'm in 4/5th gear @ 2,000rpm, also the exhaust note seems different "blowy/gurgly". Above 2,000rpm all seems fine...

Thanks.....

Thanks for your comments guys!

Hi macabeus, where do I find the recirculating stand, had a look but can't find it, couldn't find any reference to it in the IQ manual?

Hi Mr Dave, sorry to hear you are having a few probs, I don't really get the cabin booming noise, it just the exhaust gurgling when in lower gears.

Have taken my IQ back to the garage but they said they cant find anything but pushed back the heat plates from around the exhaust, this seems to have helped slightly but you can still hear it. If you have any joy with yours please let me know

thanks