Do Not Sell My Personal Information

G6R

RayJ007

Hi I am new to this forum so please excuse if the format is wrong.

I have a 99 Corolla G6R in black which we have owned since new. Just ticked over 60000 miles. Body work has a few scratches, interior is good but second set of alloys are badly pitted. Someone has told me they are quite rare but I cannot find any mention of them on this site. Do you think it would be worth spending a bit of money replacing the alloys and getting the paintwork sorted?

Yes they are fairly rare so it's be worth making sure you keep it a minter. ;)

Keep that resale price up!

Hi I am new to this forum so please excuse if the format is wrong.

I have a 99 Corolla G6R in black which we have owned since new. Just ticked over 60000 miles. Body work has a few scratches, interior is good but second set of alloys are badly pitted. Someone has told me they are quite rare but I cannot find any mention of them on this site. Do you think it would be worth spending a bit of money replacing the alloys and getting the paintwork sorted?

They are rare. There was 420 of them made and came in either red or black. They came with a few extras. If they are the orignal wheels they are worth keeping they are so hard to get second hand ones. New ones from Toyota are very pricey. Any pics of yours???

The G6R's are rare. I was looking for one but ended up with vvti SR.

Keep on top of the paint, the wheels need to be sent to a trusted refurbisher.

Hi, I have one :)

I've only ever seen 3 in london, one red and one black. What extra did you have on yours? I have the lens protectors, rear grey boot spoiler and mud flaps. Not sure what else is available. One the alloys...for some reason most I've seen/heard are very badly corroded...I think this is quite common on all toyota alloys....something about the compound or that they were not made for british climate???? Anyway, mine are fine!? If you change them, I'd keep the original for future selling of the car or if you can lucky get your hands on another set. I have those polished standard ones.

Hi matey iv owned my G6R for 5 years and i love it i bent 1 of my wheels but i was luckiley enough to fine another set for £40 then last year though my own fault the engine packed up but im part way though fittin a 4age 20valve black top in to it happy motoring hope you have as much fun in yours as ive had mine

What'd you do to the engine!? :o

I have been toying with the idea of a 20valve but there just aren't enough parts for them to the decent gains...

4 years of to much right foot and not enough maintaince

Sinner :eek:

4 years of to much right foot and not enough maintaince

:o not a good combination for an engine then... :lol: :P