Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Cleaning 2008 D4D Avensis 6 Speed Model

marco polo

lads can i clean the turbo on the d4d avensis,by spraying carb or fuel injection cleaner down into the turbo intake

Is there any reason it should need more than the usual `Italian tune up` ? :)

Is there any reason it should need more than the usual `Italian tune up` ? :)

is needs to be cleaned out ,like any service part an a car ,just wondering if it is safe to carb spray into the turbo on a d4d disel

is needs to be cleaned out ,like any service part an a car ,just wondering if it is safe to carb spray into the turbo on a d4d disel

Not being awkward MP but I`ve had diesel vehicles for over 15yrs and never cleaned a turbo or heard of one being cleaned as a service item.

But back to your question, I can`t see spraying cleaner into the turbo doing much harm or good for that matter.

Give it a whirl :lol:

Not being awkward MP but I`ve had diesel vehicles for over 15yrs and never cleaned a turbo or heard of one being cleaned as a service item.

But back to your question, I can`t see spraying cleaner into the turbo doing much harm or good for that matter.

Give it a whirl :lol:

sorry for seeming a bit dumb, first car,just trying to understand would i be doing damage to the car e,g disel car by spraying fuel injection cleaner into the turbo thats all, to clean deposits of injectors

sorry for seeming a bit dumb, first car,just trying to understand would i be doing damage to the car e,g disel car by spraying fuel injection cleaner into the turbo thats all, to clean deposits of injectors

Certainly not dumb MP, asking is how you find out things (hopefully)

Sorry I`m not much help but I`ve honestly never heard it done before,I can see your reasoning though. :)

would anyone else out there know anything about cleaning the turbo with fuel injection cleaner

Not being an expert i would have thought spraying anything down a turbo even slightly flammable could have consequences dont know if injector cleaner is or isnt?

I work on a ship with big diesel engines. It depends on which side you are on about. Your air side should not need cleaning and we have been told to stop cleaning the exhaust gas side as it could cause an imbalance then you will have more problems. If your car combustion system is working ok, put some injector cleaner in your tank and give the car a good motor run. If it cleans your injectors and combustion chamber it will also clean your turbo on the gass side.

Not being an expert i would have thought spraying anything down a turbo even slightly flammable could have consequences dont know if injector cleaner is or isnt?

Yup it would.

Turbos can only really be cleaned off a car, if they need doing at all. If they are being done while on the car then you cant really spray into them while hot and or running. Spraying into the hot turbo could cause any carb cleaner to ignite and kinda dangerous. Could cause damage to the vanes to if it ignites explosively in the vane area.

The only time ive ever had a turbo issue was when a nut got sucked through one while running, and that one had 190k on the clock.

Best way to ensure the turbo is looked after is to make sure you dont thrash it and then turn it off as the oil burns in the bearing and causes damage.

To keep the inside of it clean, make sure you give it a good work out once in a while. Get the engine up to temp ie nice and warm and then give it an italian tune up. This will get the ehaust nice and hot and help get rid of any deposits.

Also depending on what you used to clean it, there is the possiblity of damaging the cat.

you cant really clean the inside of the turbo,

Unless it is removed..

remanufactured..

thanks lads for replies