Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Compressor Top Mount

waldo87

think my knocking noise is the top mount, just been driving around with my mate whos a mechanic & theres definately movement.

Does anyone know if toyota sell top mounts?

think my knocking noise is the top mount, just been driving around with my mate whos a mechanic & theres definately movement.

Does anyone know if toyota sell top mounts?

is it like a dull sort of knocking, every time you stop and then take off again?

no its a knock when ever driven over bumps etc. He sat on the front with bonnet up while i drove it then we swapped, can definately feel it move up & down when it knocks

i got the usual noises when going over humps from plastics/window/parcel shelf etc, what type of noise is it? a plasticy creak or squeak?

I to have the knocking noise and have changed the top mount on off side as thats where it seems to be comming from but made no difference. Have now changed the drop link on off side and that has reduced it so will now change the other and hope that dose it, if not will have to look at antiroll bar mounts.

not sure if its the same due to mine not being a compressor but i have a knocking when going over bumps, coming from drivers side wheel area, first started when we had the snow and my abs kicking in all the time, mechanic been out in it and said it seems fine but i can feel/hear it all the time, sometimes its quiet and over times ya can hear it, definatly from down near the wheel area,

if yas find the problem say so in here so i can check mine :)

well my mate checked all under the car, then drove it, came back and checked again then he sat on slam panel with the bonnet up so he could listen whilst i was driving it and there is definate play in it when it bumps cos held thumb on it. its the gap between the two plates is lopsided where the passenger side is level

ok, that's my theory out then.

Coilovers sometimes build tension in the spring as you turn the wheel and make a knocking noise/creaking when you turn it back.

Grease up you springs to see if that makes a difference.

well my mate checked all under the car, then drove it, came back and checked again then he sat on slam panel with the bonnet up so he could listen whilst i was driving it and there is definate play in it when it bumps cos held thumb on it. its the gap between the two plates is lopsided where the passenger side is level

So he sat on car with the bonnet up whilst you drove it over some bumps? Oooo :eek:

Where abouts is this gap your goin on about? Could you take a picture for us, and i will do the same.