Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Good With Electronics?

AE_92

Pretty simple, just chop up a serial cable and give it a go. You'll need to know the baudrate etc. settings to use at the PC end, but other than that should be fine. I'm guessing this is an old model though, as most should use OBDII by now.

Pretty simple, just chop up a serial cable and give it a go. You'll need to know the baudrate etc. settings to use at the PC end, but other than that should be fine. I'm guessing this is an old model though, as most should use OBDII by now.

Hi mate yeah its a old ecu the only bit I dont get is when it says to loop A to A and B to B :blink:

this is what ive done

IMG00248-20100424-1725.jpg

KEY:

Brown & black=not in use

Purple=A

Gray=A

Blue=B

Yellow=B

Red=1

Orange=2

Green=3

whats a baudrate ??

Looks about right to me mate, assuming the colours match up to the pins in the prev diag.

Baudrate is one of many settings you will need to get useful information out of the ECU, thats assuming what comes out isnt just a load of hex you'll need toyota software to work out anyway.

Looks about right to me mate, assuming the colours match up to the pins in the prev diag.

Baudrate is one of many settings you will need to get useful information out of the ECU, thats assuming what comes out isnt just a load of hex you'll need toyota software to work out anyway.

I see, it’s not a Toyota ecu it’s A aftermarket fully reprogrammable ecu

Are you going to use usb to serial?

If so I would suggest an FTDI chipset.

Nah Iam using a old skool laptop with serial input

tried it today but cant seen to get it to work :( and the software (which is in Japanese) is coming out all weird and is not showing the information

coming out like this

Untitled-1.jpg

fcss03.gif

should look like this

cant get the Japanese characters to show

anyone know how I get the characters to come up??

cant get the Japanese characters to show

anyone know how I get the characters to come up??

You will probably need the correct language pack installed for your version of windows, should be available through windows update. Who knows exactly what that is though, there's tonnes of different 'Japanese' iirc.

:lol: I will need more than a dictionary lol

good thing my neighbour is Japanese :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links