Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fidanza Flywheel

LOZZA_T_SPORT

With a standard clutch arrangement what will I notice using a lighter non dual mass flywheel which Fidanza make ?

Is it worth £300

Personally....... I'd get a std one. Having driven a cts with a Fidanza item, I thought it was dissapointing. Im pretty sure the owner of said car will pop up and say similar (MarcTS).

Personally....... I'd get a std one. Having driven a cts with a Fidanza item, I thought it was dissapointing. Im pretty sure the owner of said car will pop up and say similar (MarcTS).

In what way did you find it dissapointing mate ?

Hey there, as ricc mentioned I am running a fidanza flywheel on my car and in all honesty, I wish I hadn't bothered. The main issue really is that the revs definitely pick up noticeably faster when you accelerate, but they are equally quick to drop off again as soon as you come off the gas. As such I have only ever managed to stay in lift 1st to 2nd once since I had it fitted (~20 months now) and 2nd to 3rd also leaves a very small margin for error as well.

Overall it almost balances out, but I would much rather stay in the power band than keep jumping in and out. Given a do-over, I'd go for a slightly heavier flywheel as I do think there can be some strong positive points to fitting one, but I think fidanza have gone maybe 4lbs too light on theirs in a car that isn't powerful enough and generates all of that power in the top 25% rev range.

I love mine and would recommend it but it depends on how you drive your car.... Yes it is more difficult 1st to 2nd but it is still doable, Just have to be hard on the clutch!

too many problems with fidanza's. go for a chromoly flywheel. do a search and you'll soon be put off. people who do 1/4 miles dont usually recomend them as the rev drop off is an issue in that situation but most like the quicker throttle response. you also need a few more revs to set off with but thats no biggie.

if your changing your flywheel why would you not want to uprate the clutch - being stock aint to clever to start with

Depends on how you drive I suppose..as people have mentioned it's no good for 1/4 mile as it's difficult to stay in lift 1st-2nd (still doable though). I got it because I downshift a lot and revmatch, with the standard flywheel it was too exhausting..now it's perfect ;)

Also be more worth it to upgrade the clutch too...labour aint gonna be cheap so may as well do both.