Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help! Oil Cap Stuck? :-(

Loobyloo30

Hi,

Firstly im female which says it all....... lol and ive only had my aygo for a few months, but ive been naughty and not topped up the oil! Eeeeeeek!! So, i wemt to do it today and i cant open the engine oil cap..... i tried everything but it seems stuck! Does anyone know if theres a nack to doing it, or is there another way to open it bar unscrewing it? I havent a clue what im doing!!! Help!! x

Hi,

Firstly im female which says it all....... lol and ive only had my aygo for a few months, but ive been naughty and not topped up the oil! Eeeeeeek!! So, i wemt to do it today and i cant open the engine oil cap..... i tried everything but it seems stuck! Does anyone know if theres a nack to doing it, or is there another way to open it bar unscrewing it? I havent a clue what im doing!!! Help!! x

Are you sure you need to top up the oil..have you checked the dip stick level first?

My Aygo used no oil at all between 10,000 mile services.

If you do have to remove the oil filler cap, it unscrews anti-clockwise, like a bottle top, but can be quite hard to get turning if it has not been removed for a while.

Well im not really sure, I wanted to open it to check with the dipstick but couldnt get the damn thing unscrewed!! I'll admit I was trying clockwise! haha. Thanks so much for the reply, I'll give it another bash turning it the right way this time!!! Doh! x

Well im not really sure, I wanted to open it to check with the dipstick but couldnt get the damn thing unscrewed!! I'll admit I was trying clockwise! haha. Thanks so much for the reply, I'll give it another bash turning it the right way this time!!! Doh! x

The dipstick is not in the same place as the oil filler cap.

It is the yellow-ended thing sticking out of a tube on the left side of the engine.(At least it is on my IQ but it has the same engine, and I think my Aygo was the same).

Have a wee read of the manual to confirm where it all is.

Maybe I misunderstood your last post Loobyloo30, but you don't need to remove the oil cap to check the oil level, just check it on the dip stick. Only add oil if it is low. Too much oil in an engine is as bad as too little. Level should always be between the min and max marks on the dip stick.

lol@this thread :)

99% of threads are anti-clockwise (except for specific scenarios where that part's motion may lead to it undoing itself in use!)

And thats why we don't let the ladies play under the bonnet... helpsmilie.gif

I'm beginning to think that maybe this thread is a wind-up?

You could be right, why would she be out of the kitchen any way... biggrin.gif