Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Club Meeting ?

aygokid

hey all, just a quick one, any meetingsss or cruises planned for all the aygo's ? would be awesome to sort something if not already :) a chance to meet all and see/show off our cars :)

hey all, just a quick one, any meetingsss or cruises planned for all the aygo's ? would be awesome to sort something if not already :) a chance to meet all and see/show off our cars :)

Sorry to disappoint, but you`ll not find most people here are up for a meet. We tried in Scotland, and not just Aygos. we tried for a Toyota turn out, and only 3 people turned up including muself. Have to say I really enjoyed meeting up as they were really friendly,a nd we got talking about cars in general.

Like I ve said before in another post. This is just a forum really for people to share hints and tips etc, and is lacking in something. I used to be a member of the Peugeot car club, and the Fiat clube. The Fiat club was huge, and not only that. People actually were active, and tried to make time for club meetings. My fondest memory was me driving my Fiat 500 back then all the way to London. It was the London to Brighton run in 97 and I have to say it was one of the best turn outs I ve ever been to. I mean you should have seen how many people stopped to take pictures of us. There must have been up to 35 Fiat 500s!

This group will never match that, and its shame becasue not everyone on here is a "petrol head" lol

i dont think its a matter of being a petrol head or not, its more that Aygos (and Toyotas generally) are considered general transport by the masses and dont have any real cult following.

I think the aygo/c1/107 as a group has a big potential as they are so popular with young drivers as theyre so cheap to run etc. As you may know there is also a C1OC (although this has been down a few weeks) and a 107OC which is pretty active, but i think the duplication of clubs dilutes the enthusiasm a bit, a joint club would be very popular!

i dont think its a matter of being a petrol head or not, its more that Aygos (and Toyotas generally) are considered general transport by the masses and dont have any real cult following.

I think the aygo/c1/107 as a group has a big potential as they are so popular with young drivers as theyre so cheap to run etc. As you may know there is also a C1OC (although this has been down a few weeks) and a 107OC which is pretty active, but i think the duplication of clubs dilutes the enthusiasm a bit, a joint club would be very popular!

yes i have seen the citybugclub has gone, any idea whats going on ? :( very disapointing, never know what the future holds i suppose eh as the club grows:(

I have been to several national meets with TOC such as JAE and CAE etc and I have rarely ever been the only Aygo there so they are worth attending, info is in the national meet section.

There has never been an Aygo only meet as far as I know bar the Toyota PR Cadwell trip which was organised through TOC, which I also attended in 2007, which was very cool. Heres a pic..

l_e284403f091c22dcfe14a25cec548789.jpg

I am also Admin for the 107oc despite having an Agyo and we have some meets lined up.

I think its true about the groups being diluted, the C1 and the 107oc both welcome the other triplets as does here but the Aygo doesn't tend to attract the modders/petrol head types car enthusiast who would be attending these meets. Whether this will ever change with time I would hope so.

We could do with more Aygo's for JAE this year....... ;)

I agree i think while you dont have to be a petrol head being a car enthusiast wd help i think an aygo club meeting wd be well wicked how cool all these lil wee aygos would be nice to see more women as am sure like me there are girls/women out there who adore cars and what we dont know well we can always bluff our way through lol

Jae?

Japanese Auto Extravaganza.... biggest Jap car meet of the year... being held at Wicksteed Park, Nr Kettering in September thumbsup.gif

I agree i think while you dont have to be a petrol head being a car enthusiast wd help i think an aygo club meeting wd be well wicked how cool all these lil wee aygos would be nice to see more women as am sure like me there are girls/women out there who adore cars and what we dont know well we can always bluff our way through lol

Hey! I am a woman!

sounds interesting - and found the thread, and weirdly also planning to go to wicksteed with our littlun seeing as I've not been since i was a kid!

sounds interesting - and found the thread, and weirdly also planning to go to wicksteed with our littlun seeing as I've not been since i was a kid!

See? Meet other "TOC'ers" and go to a theme park with your little un! Sorted! See you in September! thumbsup.gif

:lol:

We could do with more Aygo's for JAE this year....... ;)

im up for it :D when is this event and whats the cost :)?

"Aygos (and Toyotas generally) are considered general transport by the masses and dont have any real cult following."

Ha ha! Dont you knwo you just undermined you`re own arguement. lol

Joking apart, I do agree there is a big potential, so I have to ask where is it? Like I say I ve been a active member of Peugeot, and the Fiat Club. I won second place for the Concours for the Fiat Club who are very active! Very impressed with the photos of the Aygos which I ll reply to in a mo

I have been to several national meets with TOC such as JAE and CAE etc and I have rarely ever been the only Aygo there so they are worth attending, info is in the national meet section.

There has never been an Aygo only meet as far as I know bar the Toyota PR Cadwell trip which was organised through TOC, which I also attended in 2007, which was very cool. Heres a pic..

l_e284403f091c22dcfe14a25cec548789.jpg

I am also Admin for the 107oc despite having an Agyo and we have some meets lined up.

I think its true about the groups being diluted, the C1 and the 107oc both welcome the other triplets as does here but the Aygo doesn't tend to attract the modders/petrol head types car enthusiast who would be attending these meets. Whether this will ever change with time I would hope so.

Impressed! Seven Aygos! lol Were there any more?

Here`s my contribution to the Fiat club circa 1998. Beat 35 cars! The phot doesnt show cars ont eh other side facing the row of cars I took.

Would love an Aygo meet this size!

post-63082-127240529383_thumb.jpg

post-63082-127240535473_thumb.jpg

post-63082-127240538731_thumb.jpg

35? pah...

we used to run a 'new' Mini and did quite a few runs, one with about 100 cars through central london in the early hours, another with about 170 cars driven enthusiasticly through the cotswolds...

they were fun, its almost worth running a mini just for the social!

And hey SJ - saw your shout on the 'other' forum :)

Sooo when's the meet?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links