Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Set The Clock

Flackadder

2006 Avensis Spirit.

'Press and Hold' it says. Yeah! But for how long LOL

Cannot work out how to adjust the clock!! The button works fine as I can adjust the dash lights just fine. But when it comes to setting the clock, I hold the button in but nothing happens?

Am I just missing something unbelievebly simple here :-)

Not checked that idea out. Was expecting the screen to changes....thanks. Will try that in a bit. :-)

Firstly the clock cannot be set if the engine is running, so ignition on, engine off. If the control is on the steering wheel press Setup and hold, select clock, press and hold. The hour units will be highlighted short press until required hour and release button. After 5 secs the minutes will be highlighted repeat as before and when set go to exit.

If the the control is next to the clock display push to flash the hour display and press repeatledly to adjust and as above the minutes will appear after 5 secs, I don't think that the instrument light adjuster is the correct one. It right of the clock display.

Fitter

Thanks Fitter, but none of that worked. Guess I will need to wait till I pass a Toyota garage :-(

Aha! Sorted. Was a combination of steering wheel button and dash button.....not easy. Thanks for all the help guys .

• 12 years later...
On 4/26/2010 at 11:53 PM, Flackadder said:

2006 Avensis Spirit.

'Press and Hold' it says. Yeah! But for how long LOL

Cannot work out how to adjust the clock!! The button works fine as I can adjust the dash lights just fine. But when it comes to setting the clock, I hold the button in but nothing happens?

Am I just missing something unbelievebly simple here 🙂

After many tries, I feel like shouting "Eurika!" Toyota is an Avensis D4D T3x estate 2007 aqnd the book that came with it didn't help one iota.

You have on the steering wheel a button marked "disp"

If you press it, the display changes.

1 - continue to press (short presses) until the words "set up press and hold" appear HOLD

2 - In a few seconds a drop down menu of three words Clock Unit Exit

"clock is for changing the clock, unit for Mpg/ltrkm and exit (guess what....)

3 Press on clock until the display changes to the time display with hours highlighted. Then press again enough times to display the hours required and let go.

4 The display will swap over to highlight minutes press enough times to gain the minutes you want then let go.

5 The display will flash several times with  the (corrected time) and then revert to normal.

One point, if you car is an elderly one like mine, you may find the switch a bit lumpy with collected dirt. I got a friend to just allow a couple of drops of switch cleaner to help out.

It may not be exactly the same with every model but good luck anyway.

• Thanks 1