Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airbag Warning Light

T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.

My Airbag Warning Light is flashing. Toyotaworld diagnosed that the "Airbag ECU is gone" and have advised that "in theory the airbag would not activate in a crash" and quote £200 to supply and install a new one. Has anyone had their airbag ECU replaced? This wouldn't be a part which Peugot or Citroen would sort at a fraction of the price...?

Thanks

Drop a PM to Parts King he can give you some good advice, I for one wouldn't mess with airbag electronics. eek.gif

Drop a PM to Parts King he can give you some good advice, I for one wouldn't mess with airbag electronics. eek.gif

Thanks - I certainly won't mess with it. I'll either leave it as it is or let a pro sort it...

I'll PM King

Cheers

T

My Airbag Warning Light is flashing. Toyotaworld diagnosed that the "Airbag ECU is gone" and have advised that "in theory the airbag would not activate in a crash" and quote £200 to supply and install a new one. Has anyone had their airbag ECU replaced? This wouldn't be a part which Peugot or Citroen would sort at a fraction of the price...?

Thanks

I had exactly the same thing happen to me around Christmas time... and they diagnosed it as the same - Airbag ECU. It was a bit disconcerting driving around without functioning airbags, but they fixed it and the light went out. However, mine was under warranty so not sure on cost... Peugeot/Citroen would probably be very similar price to be honest seeing as the part will be identical. Sound advice to pm Parts King though. Hope you get it fixed, the flashing light is epically annoying! :)

• 1 month later...

My Aygo was booked in for a few odd jobs and the garage fixed the airbag warning light gratis - it wasn't even mentioned on the bill. As I was about to start the car the airbag light illuminated briefly. I can't imagine the most generous and customer focused garages replacing an Airbag ECU at in excess of £100 for free - kind of leaves my local Toyota Dealer's diagnosis on shaky ground especially as they charged £35 for making the diagnosis!

The Airbag light is supposed to light briefly when you turn on the ignition. If it stays

illuminated after that either there's a problem or the passenger bag has been switched off...

The Airbag light is supposed to light briefly when you turn on the ignition. If it stays

illuminated after that either there's a problem or the passenger bag has been switched off...

Yes - I know that. Until it was fixed it remained flashing

My light has been coming on for a while now. But only on random days.

I find no pattern with temperature. Where I've parked. Nothing.

I'm putting it down to a loose connection. Partly because I don't want to pay £200 for a new ECU.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links