Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Condensation In Headlight

kevensis

Hi all a few weeks ago i changed the dip beam bulbs in both headlights (not the easiest of jobs) now every time i wash the car i get

condensation in the drivers side light could it be the cover on the back i have had a few goes at fitting it back on and it looks like

its on right, could it be the rubber seal running round the edge, never had a problem until i changed the bulb.

cheers kev.

Hi all a few weeks ago i changed the dip beam bulbs in both headlights (not the easiest of jobs) now every time i wash the car i get

condensation in the drivers side light could it be the cover on the back i have had a few goes at fitting it back on and it looks like

its on right, could it be the rubber seal running round the edge, never had a problem until i changed the bulb.

cheers kev.

Hi Kev, I understand what you are saying but Toyota will probably replace it FOC if you take it to the dealership, I had both mine done. I'm pretty sure they also extended the warranty on the headlamps.:thumbsup:

Regards, Pete.

cheers kev.

Hi Kev, I understand what you are saying but Toyota will probably replace it FOC if you take it to the dealership, I had both mine done. I'm pretty sure they also extended the warranty on the headlamps.:thumbsup:

Regards, Pete.

thanks for the quick response pete, would the warranty still apply to my car its done 104000.

cheers kev.

Regards, Pete.

thanks for the quick response pete, would the warranty still apply to my car its done 104000.

Now i'm not sure with that mileage mate but I would give them a call anyway.

Best of luck anyway, Pete.

• 1 month later...

As to the fogging there is two reasons,

1) rubber caps you replaced wrongly

2) cracked glass

every time i change bulbs i have problems fitting the rubber caps, takes me like 2 minutes on each fiddling with it.

Headlight condensation is a known issue on the second generation Avensis. I don't think they did a pro-active recall but if you take it to a Toyota dealer they should check if your car is affected and replace if necessary. As far as I know this is not tied to warranty so your car's mileage should not matter.

If you Google this issue I am sure you will find more details. I know Which? magazine had an article on it at the time (a few years back).

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links