Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla: Painting Calipers

pistonhead

22 members have voted

1. 1. What colour should I paint my calipers? I have a green corolla E12?

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at painting my calipers. Like most, I would love to do loads of mods to my car but can't afford to do them all. So for the moment I'm content to do some cheap but effective detailing. I have a green corolla E12 with 16" tte grand stand alloys, and rear boot spoiler.

Just wondering what colour people think I should go for.

I like red myself (as in the pic) or else white. Dunno would white be impossible to keep clean tho. I'll be putting a tte vinyl on as opposed to trd tho :)

post-92319-127240551664_thumb.jpg

I personally hate coloured calipers, unless they are upgraded ones. Cant go wrong with silver or black as it just makes them look smart. Are you sure vinyl will be ok as I'm pretty sure it would just melt off. I usually use hammerite and a basic stencil for any logos if needed :thumbsup:

I personally hate coloured calipers, unless they are upgraded ones. Cant go wrong with silver or black as it just makes them look smart. Are you sure vinyl will be ok as I'm pretty sure it would just melt off. I usually use hammerite and a basic stencil for any logos if needed :thumbsup:

Hmm ya good point about the vinyl. I saw these on eBay tho and they look like they'd do the job. They're ment to be able to stand up to the heat

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Toyota-TRD-Brake-Caliper-Calliper-Decals-Stickers-/350327056971

Would be cool to do a stencil tho. Maybe silver with a black stencil. Thanks for the feedback bud :thumbsup:

I'd go for silver or white, but only white if you colour code parts like jono has. :yes:

I'd possibly go for white as would be a good contrast against the green.

Gonna go for silver with mine, thats the colour they were originally.

Think silver would look good against your green aswell. Shows up well against darker colours.

Thanks for all the advice guys :thumbsup: Based on what was said in the poll and the comments, I think that red, white or silver sound like the best options.

However, I'm starting to think that white might look a bit stark against the green tho. I have standard alloys(silver) and there isn't anything else white on the car either. So thanks for the tip K Parris Jones. Will probably avoid that colour.

Silver would be a good option aswell. I'd agree with eddieinvader that it stands out well against the green. As my alloys are silver tho I'm starting to think that the caliper would blend in with them and wouldn't rly be seen. What do u guys think?

Red is still a good option. Might try and match the colour up to the glass of the rear lights.

Thanks for the tip on the decals as well tccom. Hadn't thought of doing that.

Anyways, I'll leave the poll up for about a week. And I'll try and get some pics up of the rolla as it is now as well.

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

Im doing mine in red soon and it will look good, mainly because it will work with other bits

but also you can always get away with red calipers on just about any car!

Maybe also a good reason to do them some other colour but what are the overall plans for the car?

Have you heard the saying "red and green should never be seen" IMO red with your colour geen will look cack.

The thing with red is that people accept that theres probably a good reason for them being red like being upgraded or such and think nothing more of it whereas blue or illuminous yellow as ive unfortunatley seen will be considered a bit too

boy-racer!

im very undecided on this even though its not my car because black with sum very well done and thought out silver detailing

would also look awesome!

My favourite suggestion was jonno's purple though! :lol:

The thing with red is that people accept that theres probably a good reason for them being red like being upgraded or such and think nothing more of it whereas blue or illuminous yellow as ive unfortunatley seen will be considered a bit too

boy-racer!

im very undecided on this even though its not my car because black with sum very well done and thought out silver detailing

would also look awesome!

My favourite suggestion was jonno's purple though! :lol:

orange all the way pal. red + green= christmas tree on wheels.. purple? bowf. white- they'd be black in a day

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links