Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattling From Top Of Drivers Window-New Aygo Blue

Helen248

Purchased Aygo blue 1st April 2010. Immediately I noticed rattling from left hand side of dashboard. Took it back to dealership who felted inside which has rectified 90% of problem. Then noticed squeaking from passengers seat frame. Took back to dealership for new seats. Now I have a rattling/squeaking from top of drivers window. When I open the window 99% of the squeaking stops. It is driving me nuts & I can hear it over radio. Yesterday I took a toyota member of staff on a test drive to show him the problem. The noise did not appear too bad - just my luck. He did hear it a couple of times but this morning on way to work it was as bad as ever. I am not sure if it is the rubber that the window goes into when the window shuts or the actual window. I did not hear any noise when I had my initial test drive in the test drive car.

I am waiting for guy to ring me back tomor to see if the warranty will replace strip. It is very frustrating as mechanically it is sound but all the internal creaks & rattles drive me mad. It's not what I expected from a brand new car, I feel very dissapointed.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

Helen

Sorry to hear about you problems, it does sound (pardon the pun) as though the window is not being held tightly enough.

A new strip should sort it out then you can go back to some happy motoring, Mr T does seem to want to sort out your issues, so fingers crossed.

P.S. Welcome to the club thumbsup.gif

Hi, Helen, same problem here and found it was the seal along the top part of door, every now and again I apply some silicon to the seal, i.e. furniture polish or something similar, the door vibrates slightly against the seal and hence it sounds like a rattle, when lowering the window the tension is relieved and the door moves ever so slightly away from seal.I found the problem when driving along I placed my fingers between the door and seal and gently applied enough pressure to move the door ever so slightly out , the noise went off.

Worth a try first, you don't need to apply loads just put on cloth and wipe on. I also had the noise from the passenger seat and it was the runners, tracks if you like metal to metal contact with the floor, loosened runners and applied silicon to surface areas which cured the noise, drivers seat doesn't do it for some reason , always the passenger side seat.

hopes this helps

johnhrh

Thanks for your help, Toyota phoned today & have booked it in for a new rubber seal in 7 days times. Always takes 7 days plus to get a booking. I hope this will sort the problem. In the meantime I will play the radio loadly or crack the window open an inch!

Hi Helen, when you finally get the seal fitted if the noise materializes later try what I recommend, my car was brand new at the time of the noise appearing.i used to be in the trade and had a fair idea what it was and how to sort it. The reason for the wait to get done will be the recall on top of servicing will make the work shop very busy.

regards

johnhrh

Purchased Aygo blue 1st April 2010. Immediately I noticed rattling from left hand side of dashboard. Took it back to dealership who felted inside which has rectified 90% of problem. Then noticed squeaking from passengers seat frame. Took back to dealership for new seats. Now I have a rattling/squeaking from top of drivers window. When I open the window 99% of the squeaking stops. It is driving me nuts & I can hear it over radio. Yesterday I took a toyota member of staff on a test drive to show him the problem. The noise did not appear too bad - just my luck. He did hear it a couple of times but this morning on way to work it was as bad as ever. I am not sure if it is the rubber that the window goes into when the window shuts or the actual window. I did not hear any noise when I had my initial test drive in the test drive car.

I am waiting for guy to ring me back tomor to see if the warranty will replace strip. It is very frustrating as mechanically it is sound but all the internal creaks & rattles drive me mad. It's not what I expected from a brand new car, I feel very dissapointed.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

Oddly enough I have had EXACTLY the same issue.

Rattling from Dashboard, then the seats and now the window.

Not taken it back in to be looked at as of yet as I haven't had the time, but I have a feeling that the window isn't sitting right due to if I lower it the rattle seems to stop.

• 6 months later...

Hi Helen,

I purchased my Toyota Agyo Blue (60 plate) on 30th October and I have had the same problems as you. I have an irritating rattle from the dashboard coming from the passenger side, and an annoying rattle coming from the top corner of the drivers door, I noticed this rattling very shortly after driving of the forecourt of the Toyota Dealer (about 5 mins I think). I also have an intermittent rattle coming from the boot and this morning I noticed condensation on the drivers mirror, speedometer and on the metal on the inside of the doors. It went back to the dealer today to solve the problems and they informed me that they had removed the drivers door and applied anti-rattle tape and also removed the dashboard and applied anti-rattle tape to that as well. They said they couldn't find a rattle in the boot and also checked for leaks and couldn't find any problems. Within 5 minutes of driving off the forecourt the rattles were back although the door rattle is less frequent it is still as noisy, so tomorrow morning will be another call to Toyota to get it booked in again. It's very frustrating and has spoilt the feeling of having my first ever brand new car. Did Toyota manage to fix your problems? Did the new seal do the trick?

Many thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links