Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Somethings Missing?

PaulGP

Just noticed on my rear wiper - part of the plastic section that covers the nut is missing. Has this happened to anyone else? Would a replacement be covered by the warranty or if not how much would it cost fitted by Mr T???

Mine has sort of flipped-up before, but hasn't gone missing. Not really sure what Mr T would say, sorry, but I can't imagine it would be particularly expensive for them to fit/source the part.

Actually, whilst we're on the subject of wipers, has anyone else's wiper started to 'droop'? I'll try and post a picture when I get a chance. Someone might know what I'm on about?...

Actually, whilst we're on the subject of wipers, has anyone else's wiper started to 'droop'? I'll try and post a picture when I get a chance. Someone might know what I'm on about?...

Stop it drinking laugh.gif

Just noticed on my rear wiper - part of the plastic section that covers the nut is missing. Has this happened to anyone else? Would a replacement be covered by the warranty or if not how much would it cost fitted by Mr T???

Are you talking about the small plastic piece that covers the spindle of the back wiper? Mine came off as well (possibly in a car wash); I actually noticed when swapping the original blade out for a 14" that the spindle cover comes off pretty easily which is the main reason why I haven't bothered getting it fixed (I'll almost certainly lose the 2nd one); it surely can't be providing much protection from the elements of cyclists running into the back of you so it must be purely decorative in function.

I'm afraid that Mr. T will probably laugh in your face if you ask for a new one under warranty and then offer to charge you a few pounds for a new one (the part most likely cost less than 5p to make).

I'd cover the spindle up with some black insulator tape if it really bothers you.

£3.88 to be precise, you wont get one under warranty, check the nut isnt loose, it was most likely somebody trying to nick it vandalise it!

Kingo :thumbsup:

My rear wiper did that after about a year, so I removed it and repositioned it on the spindle so that it was horizontal again.

Had to buy a puller to get it off though, as it was tight but I have used the puller on other things so it wasn't a waste of money.

• 2 weeks later...

£3.88 to be precise, you wont get one under warranty, check the nut isnt loose, it was most likely somebody trying to nick it vandalise it!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Ordered one yesterday from my local Toyota dealer in Swindon - quoted me £7.43 + vat - the guy reckoned someone probably nicked mine - tend to agree with him.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links