Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1995 4Efe Corolla Engine Trouble

elitechef

hey guys have a 1995 efi corolla car overheted and needed head gasket replaced and a new head fitted car went perfect for a few weeks but burning a lot of oil. then suddenly the car stopped starting in the morning or after the car was not in use for a few hours................ the only way to start is to keep turning over and over untill the car would backfire and start untill it backfired the car would not take the trottle as if the auto matic choke was not opening but once the car was started it would run okay. after that a few more weeks passed and once the car was running if i cluched it and let the revs drop below 2,000 then the car would cut out suddley this was very dangerous going round corners etc now it wont start at all just keeps turning over but not firing ow and the engine mangement light is constantly on now my mechanic has no clue whats wrong digmostics cant be done as it only has the old plugs and the fuel pump is working put petrol is not entering the injectors i need help so any ideas wat wrong or any one has gone tru sililar please please help thaks ..............:)

you could try get a loan of an ecu off someone for a while and see if that helps?

also when revs drop below 2k it cuts out?is the idle control valve ok/clean?

need to check the valve tomorrow does anyone know any good mechanics in donegal?

• 2 weeks later...