Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Warning Light

pjmetalhead

Hello everybody!

ive just bought a 2003 celica vvti

and ive just fitted a TOYOSPORT induction kit

but on the original air box there were 4 small rubber pipes attached to it

but theres nothing for them 2 connect 2 on the new pipe! does any body know if there important

or is it ok that there not connected to anything?

ALSO after driving about 50 miles the engine managment light has come on :unsure:

it seems 2 be driving fine! does anybody know why this is?

many thanks

I know that when you perform the "remove butterfly from air filter box mod", that you need to "plug" one of the small pipes with a screw. I reckon cause those pipes aren't connected up or "blocked off" its freaking the ECU out and causes the CEL light to come on.

Here is a link to the butterfly mod, which shows which pipe to "plug up" - maybe try plugging the pipe. Reset the ECU by disconnecting car Battery for 5-10 mins. See if it stops the CEL light from coming back.

Butterfly intake mod

• Like 1

To reset the ECU you don't need to remove a Battery terminal for 5-10 mins.

Popping the right fuse for a few seconds is enough.

I know that when you perform the "remove butterfly from air filter box mod", that you need to "plug" one of the small pipes with a screw. I reckon cause those pipes aren't connected up or "blocked off" its freaking the ECU out and causes the CEL light to come on.

Here is a link to the butterfly mod, which shows which pipe to "plug up" - maybe try plugging the pipe. Reset the ECU by disconnecting car battery for 5-10 mins. See if it stops the CEL light from coming back.

Butterfly intake mod

THAT WORKED A TREAT THANKS MACMAN

Here is a link to the butterfly mod, which shows which pipe to "plug up" - maybe try plugging the pipe. Reset the ECU by disconnecting car battery for 5-10 mins. See if it stops the CEL light from coming back.

Butterfly intake mod

THAT WORKED A TREAT THANKS MACMAN

Awesome, glad it fixed the problem for you :-)