Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flapping Noise From Underside Rear

nevica

Hello All,

I have a new iQ vehicle and I have to say that it is an excellent car. I am thouroughly pleased with my purchase.I am getting about 58 mpg for stop/start travelling which is excellent, but for longer journeys on motorways I expect this will be higher!!!

Anyway, back to my topic in question. I sometimes hear a flapping noise from the underside rear of the car. It is difficult to identify but it sounds like a piece of cloth flapping about or possibly dirt being sprayed from the wheels onto the wheel arches but this is unlikely. Anybody hear the same noise and what might it be?

Thanks,

Nevica

Hello All,

I have a new iQ vehicle and I have to say that it is an excellent car. I am thouroughly pleased with my purchase.I am getting about 58 mpg for stop/start travelling which is excellent, but for longer journeys on motorways I expect this will be higher!!!

Anyway, back to my topic in question. I sometimes hear a flapping noise from the underside rear of the car. It is difficult to identify but it sounds like a piece of cloth flapping about or possibly dirt being sprayed from the wheels onto the wheel arches but this is unlikely. Anybody hear the same noise and what might it be?

Thanks,

Nevica

Nevica, maybe get in touch with your Mr. T dealership. I'd like to think they could quickly hoist it up and have a look to see if there's anything obvious. I get the occasional grumble as bits of mud or stones bounce around the rear arch. Otherwise it runs quite smoothly. Yuou certainly want to nip it in the bud while it's still brand new. That way, nobody can put it down to so-called "wear and tear". Gotta admit, they are deuced fine little cars, eh?

Have a look to the plastic part below / under the tank. (picture shows LHD)

One corner is not fixed.

On high speed (Autobahn!) it sounds sometimes like a bee.

post-78587-12725737967_thumb.jpg

Have a look to the plastic part below / under the tank. (picture shows LHD)

One corner is not fixed.

On high speed (Autobahn!) it sounds sometimes like a bee.

It could well be this that is the culprit. Any ideas how to stop the aforementioned flapping.

Nevica