Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Any Idea What This Noise Might Be?

andymturner

I've just rotated the tyres on my Corrolla Verso as recommended (opposite corners, front to back) and afterwards noticed a faint but regular noise which speeds up in line with the wheels. I cannot recall hearing it before. It's as if a wheel is catching on something but I've had all four wheels jacked up and when rotated there is nothing catching or binding, and no sign of any interference. Only thing I did notice is that one of the break discs snags very lightly on the pads, but I think it's pretty normal for the mileage and will be remedied on the next service, due in a 1000 miles. I haven't checked the tyres for any stones or other foreign objects but that will be my next step. Anyone got any other thoughts on this?

Are the tyres directional? If so, you don't want to swap them to opposite corners, as then they'd be rotating in the wrong direction. Not sure if this would give the behaviour you describe, but just a thought.

GB

I haven't checked the tyres for any stones or other foreign objects

Should`ve spent the time you`ve probably wasted on this post checking them then ! :lol:

Thanks Greg. Have now checked the tyres for 'foreign' objects and directional arrows. Results: nothing. So issue remains unresolved. Grateful for any sensible contributions but please keep tiresome 'humour' and associated teenage emoticons at bay, as it just gets on my and probably everyone else's !Removed!.

Grateful for any sensible contributions but please keep tiresome 'humour' and associated teenage emoticons at bay, as it just gets on my and probably everyone else's !Removed!.

Directed at me presumably ?

FFS talk about over the top, you want to lighten up, what are you going to be like if you have a real serious problem !

Figure that one out yourself smart ***** :yahoo:

Thanks Greg. Have now checked the tyres for 'foreign' objects and directional arrows. Results: nothing. So issue remains unresolved.

Andy - maybe put them back how they were - if you can be bothered!

Andy - myself I would have another look at your tyres for stones as you could have missed it ??

I do agree with you that some of the comments were unnecessary !! If a person does not want to help you why not just pass onto the next thread !!

It does not show the forum in a very friendly light ??

Andy - myself I would have another look at your tyres for stones as you could have missed it ??

I do agree with you that some of the comments were unnecessary !! If a person does not want to help you why not just pass onto the next thread !!

It does not show the forum in a very friendly light ??

On the contary I think the OPs reply and yours are the unfriendly unnecessary comments.

If you both had taken the time to read the post properly, the basic advice I gave was correct (which even you have agreed with) ie to check his tyres and secondly the `teenage emoticon` at the end of the post is to indicate it was said in jest and not in any way nasty unlike yours. :angry:

I am sorry you took offence at my reply none was meant !!

I think you must realise that forum members expertise can differ immensely what seems obvious to some members may not to others !

I think you must realise that forum members expertise can differ immensely what seems obvious to some members may not to others !

While I partly accept your explaination, I would`ve thought that on hearing a noise from the tyres the first thing anyone would do is to inspect them, hardly expertise just common sense and is why I worded my answer to the OP in that manner. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links