Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Idling Too High Or Low

pdai11

Recently i'm having problems with the idling, when the engine is cold, once i start the car, the rev goes to 2100 rpm and stays there for around 5 minutes or more. After that when the engine gets a little warmer it drops to 1100 rpm and when engine is fully warmed when idling, it drops to 750 rpm and about to stall which stays there throughout the journey.

I had tried adjusting the screw at the throttle cable many times but never seem to stay around 900 rpm, please advice as the fuel consumption is really bad.

Recently i'm having problems with the idling, when the engine is cold, once i start the car, the rev goes to 2100 rpm and stays there for around 5 minutes or more. After that when the engine gets a little warmer it drops to 1100 rpm and when engine is fully warmed when idling, it drops to 750 rpm and about to stall which stays there throughout the journey.

I had tried adjusting the screw at the throttle cable many times but never seem to stay around 900 rpm, please advice as the fuel consumption is really bad.

Hi mate

i had similar before -- check with all spark plugs; MAF; throttlle (to be cleanned).

my problem was that when at idle -- rpm were 500 giving minor vibration especially when stopped at cross light.

once i ve changed plugs + clean the above -- all has become in order. Cheers/Igor

Hi Igor, thanks for the information, no Maf on my car, what part is the throttle, if so clean from where to where ?

Thanks

Mike

Can you tell us more about what car you have.