Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Old Thule Roof Rack System

Mike5100

I've got quite a lot of kit based on the old style Roof Rack bars (which slide through a sleeve in the foot), and was wondering whether the now discontinued Thule 415 foot fits the rails that are already on the Rav4 5 door we've bought. The roofrackshop says it still has some stock.

Thanks

Mike

I've got quite a lot of kit based on the old style roof rack bars (which slide through a sleeve in the foot), and was wondering whether the now discontinued Thule 415 foot fits the rails that are already on the Rav4 5 door we've bought.  The roofrackshop says it still has some stock.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

can't answer your direct question, but when you say you have the old-style roof bars, I presume these are the square bars rather then aero ones and go throught the square hole on the top of the mount?  

If that is the case, then you can still get square bars with the current (I think?) Rapid Fit fitting method, so although you may need to buy new bars, at least all the accessories that need that square profile bar can still be used (and the bars themselves are not too expensive)

I made the mistake of buying the better looking aero bars and so none of my bar accessories fit except the roof box  :rolleyes:

I've got quite a lot of kit based on the old style roof rack bars (which slide through a sleeve in the foot), and was wondering whether the now discontinued Thule 415 foot fits the rails that are already on the Rav4 5 door we've bought.  The roofrackshop says it still has some stock.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

can't answer your direct question, but when you say you have the old-style roof bars, I presume these are the square bars rather then aero ones and go throught the square hole on the top of the mount?  

If that is the case, then you can still get square bars with the current (I think?) Rapid Fit fitting method, so although you may need to buy new bars, at least all the accessories that need that square profile bar can still be used (and the bars themselves are not too expensive)

I made the mistake of buying the better looking aero bars and so none of my bar accessories fit except the roof box  :rolleyes:

Not a bad idea Hoovie - I think a pair of the newer square bars are only £30

Mike

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links