Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid's Dont Work...

RORYY

Tried fitting a pair of HIDs into my yaris the other day and it didn't work, when i removed all the extra cabling to put the old bulbs back in place the bulb was extremely dim in comparison to the other one which seemed to be brighter than usual? Took it to an electrician and they just changed a fuse and the light was back to normal?

Anyone tried fitting these lights before and could enlighten me to what i need to get it to work?

Rory

did you connect the cables to your original bulb plug correctly?

it can be easy to get them the wrong way round and with the wrong polarity.

the white and black wire is the negative (should go to the black wire on the HID harness.

you need to get negatively switched HIDs

The positvely switched ones will not work.

I bought a kit on eBay fitted no problems at all.

It had the H4 Hi/low beam in.

Only took 30-40 mins to fit and it was removed in about 10 mins.

Cheers you guys good feedback.

How do i know if its a negative HID, i dont understand?

the way to tell would be to plug it in and then probably nothing will happen OR only your dipped OR your main beam will work.

in the picture below there is a small switchbox on the top right

yarisbumper13.JPG

. This controls the positive or negative switching. 90% of the units without the switchbox are positively switched.

To explain what the switching means, the bult has 3 prongs, 1 common terminal and a high and low beam.

On a positively switched setup the common terminal is permanently grounded and the current flows through the light switch and the appropriate prong.

On a negatively switched setup the common terminal has +12V, the current flows through the appropriate filament and through the light switch to ground.

the way to tell would be to plug it in and then probably nothing will happen OR only your dipped OR your main beam will work.

in the picture below there is a small switchbox on the top right

yarisbumper13.JPG

. This controls the positive or negative switching. 90% of the units without the switchbox are positively switched.

To explain what the switching means, the bult has 3 prongs, 1 common terminal and a high and low beam.

On a positively switched setup the common terminal is permanently grounded and the current flows through the light switch and the appropriate prong.

On a negatively switched setup the common terminal has +12V, the current flows through the appropriate filament and through the light switch to ground.

Cheers mate i get it now didn't realise i'd need one of those boxes aswell, any idea where i'd get one?

when high beam on should hids stay on because when i switch high beam which is halogen strapped to side of hid hid goes out leaving very dim halogen high beam my 08 yaris has perm live at headlight can any body help

dipped should go off when your high beam is on unless you have twin filament bulbs.

only people i know who sell the negative switching sets are HIDS4u and hids direct.

dipped should go off when your high beam is on unless you have twin filament bulbs.

only people i know who sell the negative switching sets are HIDS4u and hids direct.

is there a way of making high beam come on and hids not going out because hid bulbs have halogen bolted to side thats how they come and when hids go out high beam is yellow and not bright at all

is there a way of making high beam come on and hids not going out because hid bulbs have halogen bolted to side thats how they come and when hids go out high beam is yellow and not bright at all these from eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370315889859&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

some of them are true bixenon, just one bulb with a shutter that moves. this will look blue all the time.