Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speedometer

George Taylor

Hello

I've just bought a 1993 Hilux Surf SSR-X 2.4 diesel turbo and the speedometer doesn't work. Any suggestions on what to replace and where to find it.

Cheers George.

Could be the plug pulled off the back of the cluster,or the sender unit on the gearbox.

I found a loose connection behind the speedo cluster, but I can't test it till I sort the oil problem. So fingers crossed. Thanks for the pointer Andy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I've just bought a 1993 Hilux Surf SSR-X 2.4 diesel turbo and the speedometer doesn't work. Any suggestions on what to replace and where to find it.

Cheers George.

Hello George, ive just had the same fault on mine and after a couple of hours i found the found and fixed the fault.Take out the speedo clocks and remove the speedo head by splitting the outer casing and removing the six screws.On the rear of the clock you can see the printed cicuit board.Very carefully inspect the cicuit tracks.You may have to scrape off the green resin. On mine there was a very small break in one of the circuits but it was too small to repair with solder so i bridged the break by soldering in a small piece of wire. Job done. Hope this helps.

John.

• 3 years later...

Hi George, did you ever get your speedo fixed? I have the same problem.

Regards criscam

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links