Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brodit Iphone Holder

Chris Ray

Hi

New T Spirit arrives in 10 days!!

I have an iPhone and a windscreen mount in my current Gen 2, but have been looking at the Brodit prius specific holder and was wondering if anyone had fitted one, and if so the best position for it, as they do ones for the side airvent, centre vent and the centre console.

I was thinking the centre console option would be best, as this would be nearest to the aux socket and avoid trailing wires. However, bit concerned it may be in the way of mine or the passengers leg?

Any advice appreciated before I order!

Hi

New T Spirit arrives in 10 days!!

I have an iphone and a windscreen mount in my current Gen 2, but have been looking at the Brodit prius specific holder and was wondering if anyone had fitted one, and if so the best position for it, as they do ones for the side airvent, centre vent and the centre console.

I was thinking the centre console option would be best, as this would be nearest to the aux socket and avoid trailing wires. However, bit concerned it may be in the way of mine or the passengers leg?

Any advice appreciated before I order!

I just plug my (Bluetooth) phone into the power socket in the centre console, and leave the phone on the shelf inside. You can operate the whole thing from either the centre console or by voice control. Unlike the Gen II, all functions are available. bluetooth connection is more robust than the Gen II as well. I see no reason for having the phone on display. At least don't buy the holder until you've tried the hands free.

FWIW, I've got a T-Mobile G1 (Android). It's only downside is that I had to install a (free) app to transfer multiple directory entries to the car. The car holds 1000 numbers. If you have over that, then perhaps you do need the handset and holder.

Thanks Ancient Nerd, wish I had 1000 friends/contacts!!

Only reason I need to see the phone is that I have Traffic TV and speed cameras on th iPhone, so sometimes need it on display to see the screen

I will try your suggestion first though

Interested to hear about the bluetooth, is the music streaming really possible? Would love to know if there is an app to transfer multiple entries for the iPhone, as in the Gen 2 it took ages to do them one by one!

Could you also let me know if there is any interference when charging the phone and listening to music, as this is a big problem in my car at the moment and I am hoping it will be better in the Gen 3

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Thanks Ancient Nerd, wish I had 1000 friends/contacts!!

Only reason I need to see the phone is that I have Traffic TV and speed cameras on th iphone, so sometimes need it on display to see the screen

I will try your suggestion first though

Interested to hear about the Bluetooth, is the music streaming really possible? Would love to know if there is an app to transfer multiple entries for the iphone, as in the Gen 2 it took ages to do them one by one!

Could you also let me know if there is any interference when charging the phone and listening to music, as this is a big problem in my car at the moment and I am hoping it will be better in the Gen 3

Thanks again :thumbsup:

I use my iPhone via bluetooth, and works fine, no interference when charging.... all good.

I picked up my T-Spirit today and have a HTC Desire.

I have about 100 ish contacts and they all uploaded to the headunit as one block within a couple of minutes, bluetooth streaming is pretty much faultless to. After stopping and switching off at home, I nipped out again to play dads taxi and the head unit connected to the Desire and resumed bluetooth playback from where it left off. All I would like is the head unit to show me the track name, can't have it all I suppose :)

Thanks everyone, looking forward to it even more now!

Sounds like the bluetooth will be great and a holder will not be needed, so that saves a bit of cash!

Will let you know how it goes

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the RH side mounted kit, on the door pillar and it is very good quality and holds the iPhone firmly and in an ideal position, so pleased with that, although at £40 it is a bit expensive!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links