Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Design

richteex

Is it just me or, when it rains does everyone else end up with water all their luggage when they open the boot. I dont understand how, a company recognised for their reliability and design, made such a design mess up.

Anyone else go the same problem and any solutions? a

Is it just me or, when it rains does everyone else end up with water all their luggage when they open the boot. I dont understand how, a company recognised for their reliability and design, made such a design mess up.

Anyone else go the same problem and any solutions? a

You don't state what style your car is but I find that the rain drips right in off the glass when I open up the hatchback. I think that some greenhouse glazing rubber strip on the edge of the glass might be enough to stop it. It might even hold back that bit of snow that you didn't clear off properly but is now in the laptop case.

While we're on the subject of poor design, who let the Mk2 hatchback out with a hatch that only opens to 1.8m? That means oh so many dents in the forehead from the catch which is just above eye level. And the poor quality pressed cardboard load cover which doesn't even have proper locating hinges or catches. Honestly, my old '97 Fiesta was better designed in all of the above areas.

My other interior gripe: why is the majority of the dash made of a reflective material when it could be made of a matt material, like the strip of dash that's nearest the windscreen, and not reflect the sunlight up onto the glass? Perhaps the sun doesn't shine on the test tracks like it does in South Wales!

Won't be going back to the Fiesta now that I've got used to the space, pace and comfort of the Avensis.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links