Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our 4 Week Old 'blue' Suffers Car Park Damage Already!

arbs

Went out with Mrs arbs yesterday, go to the boot and notice a couple of kinks in the reflection on the bumper...

On closer inspection it is definately damaged - not massively, but enough to keep catching your eye!

Looks like a tow hook weilding car has reversed into ours as the damage is exactly where you would expect. The plastic bumped has been pushed against the metal bar behing it and the plastic must have been pinched, rusulting in a couple of what look like dents :(

Just debating whether to have a go at filing and spraying myself or getting a pro to do it....

Are aerosols for Cayman Blue available fom Mr T?

Any ideas what a pro job would cost? would it need the whole bumper doing to blend in?

Not a good start to the weekend!!

Went out with Mrs arbs yesterday, go to the boot and notice a couple of kinks in the reflection on the bumper...

On closer inspection it is definately damaged - not massively, but enough to keep catching your eye!

Looks like a tow hook weilding car has reversed into ours as the damage is exactly where you would expect. The plastic bumped has been pushed against the metal bar behing it and the plastic must have been pinched, rusulting in a couple of what look like dents sad.gif

Just debating whether to have a go at filing and spraying myself or getting a pro to do it....

Are aerosols for Cayman Blue available fom Mr T?

Any ideas what a pro job would cost? would it need the whole bumper doing to blend in?

Not a good start to the weekend!!

I had that so I went to Mr T who said I needed to replace the bumper because it was a plastice part that did not repair well, I week and £ 400.00 lighter my car was back in prestine condition.

So I say have a go, try tapping it from behind first to see if you can pop it out, If it dosn't work out you can still get it replaced thumbsup.gif

indeed. Coz its such a flexible bumper (obv designed to absorb a light impact)i did wonder that any filler may just crack out if it was to flex, however it is a very light impression so it may do the trick.

Anyway, ordered some paint today - as you say, its at least worth a go!

Sorry to hear aout your mishap.

You could try heating with a hairdryer and see if that enables you to massage the dents out.

this has worked in the past for me.

I also know of a garage that was able to spring dents out in winter by pouring boiling water over frozen dents "risky and stupid"

some swines arent they :(:( no respect these days, i have some kind of a ball dent in mine :( cant have anythink :( hope you get this sorted really soon

cheers :)

Having a think about other options now - a 'new' secondhand bumper is available on eBay pretty cheap - certainly £50 ish, tho i'm not sure what it would cost for a respray on the full bumper. I might just wait for one to come up in my colour for a straight swap!

The other option that MIGHT work would be to buy one of these

aygo_rr_bumper_mldg.jpg

either painted or in its original finish. Hower I'm not 100& it would cover the damage - wonder if the dealer would order me one to 'try' without buying.

Anyone had any experience of removing the rear bumper?

Sorry to hear about the damage. It's a sad fact that 99% of people who accidently bump into another car will take off without checking if they did any damage or not, because they don't want to know and/or do't care.

To do a localised repair that is invisible on a bumper is very difficult to do to. To get the area totally smooth an blended with surrounding area means to you have to rub down a few inches either side of the dent, and what may seem perfect after sanding may not look so after putting on final paint coat as any slight ripples will be seen. It is also vey difficult to get a good colour match unless you get paint mixed, as while the Toyota paint will be the correct shade it is unlikely that it will be exactly the same so you will see the difference.

The best option would be to either get your bumper removed repaired and resprayed in full or if you can get a company that specialses in localised repairs, they could repair and spray just the repair area. Alternately, you could get a second hand bumper and get it resprayed. If you have a good search for toyota dismantlers, there is a chance you may get a bumper in the same colour.

Sorry to hear of the damage to your car :(

Thanks ihpj, Kevin - thats very true, which is why i'm a little aprehensive about tackeling it myself. The best option would definately be the protection pack moulding - as long as it covers it up!