Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Check Your M.o.t's

eddieinvader

Found this today don't know how many on here know about it anyway you can check your cars mot's through the direct gov website.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/Mot/DG_10020539

Just found out that mine had an advisory on it mot before last for the lambda sensor that I did not previously know about, emissions were to high.

By the way all you need to check this is the M.O.T. certificate number or the V5 document number so it is also handy if you are thinking of buying a new car as if you get either of these numbers of the garage before you buy you can then check the vehicles history online before you buy.

Can anyone tell me if this means that the sensor would have been changed or can they be cleaned.

Thanks for this Eddie, I wasn't aware of the check existing.

As for your question I'm not too sure, although I have heard a few people say cleaning the sensor is a fairly fruitless task so replacement would be the way forward. How far our was the reading and how much does it differ to your latest MOT?

As for your question I'm not too sure, although I have heard a few people say cleaning the sensor is a fairly fruitless task so replacement would be the way forward. How far our was the reading and how much does it differ to your latest MOT?

Not sure how much it was out the advisory only said that it was.

I did not own the car then, it was the m.o.t. before I bought it, have recently put it through and it passed no problem.

So it looks as I it has been changed if they cannot be cleaned. To be honest I do not even know what it is, so can't check it.

• 2 months later...

Bump!

Thought I would give this a bump as there seem to be a few more new members out there since I posted this.

By the way all you need to check this is the M.O.T. certificate number or the V5 document number so it is also handy if you are thinking of buying a new car as if you get either of these numbers of the garage before you buy you can then check the vehicles history online before you buy.

Not sure how much it was out the advisory only said that it was.

I did not own the car then, it was the m.o.t. before I bought it, have recently put it through and it passed no problem.

So it looks as I it has been changed if they cannot be cleaned. To be honest I do not even know what it is, so can't check it.

Lambda sensor is in the exhaust it basically picks up the oxygen trace in your exhaust gases which allows your ECU to lean out or richen the mixture(among other sensors). You can not clean a lambda sensor - once they go thats pretty much it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links