Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hands Free Kits

mart

I currently have a Nokia 3330 mobile and want to fit an inexpensive hands free car kit. Has anybody fitted one themselves? If so how easy was it to fit and how satisfactory and convenient is it to use? I rarely use the phone at all in the car so i dont want to spend much on a system. If it was reasonably easy i would fit it myself. I would be grateful for any advice, suggestions, tips etc.

Thanks

I have one of these.

Try this:

Plug-in HF Car Kit

Easy-to-use handsfree car kit with no buttons to press and charging function, includes built-in speaker: uses phone microphone but also has connector for external microphone (HFM-8).

http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,19022,00.html It’s the last item on the page

I got one from the Carphone Warehouse.

It was £49.99 which is a bit steep but it’s compatible with a lot of Nokia’s and it has excellent build and sound quality.

You can set your phone to “Auto” answer with the handsfree attached so you never have to touch your phone while driving.

Hope this helps.

if you rarely use the phone, then just pull up and answer the phone, if you use the phone alot while driving then get the kit

It’s not always legal or safe to do so, on a motorway for example, or stuck in traffic, on a duel carriageway, traffic lights, islands the list goes on and on, hence the advice of the hands free from Nokia.

It is compatible with a wide range of Nokia phones and if you change your car or use some one else’s you can take it with you.

A one off purchase.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for replies. A hands free adaptor will not fit into the cars cig lighter cos it will get in the way of the flip facia panel of a Kenwood head unit. Also the hands free kit needs to be a universal type as more than one type of phone will be used in it such as a Samsung E700 flip type. Any other suggestions please?

My Husband has a Nokia and bought a handsfree you plug into the cigar lighter - you just pop the phone in it and it also charges the phone and has a built in mic or you can attach another one but it didn't need it. It cost £15.00 from a non main phone shop he had the same problem of where the position of the cigar lighter was so he just fitted another cigar ligher in a better place total cost was about £30.

Kaz

Try a bluetooth Ear Piece. Can't recall now though if the 3330 has blue tooth...so may be totally irrelvant!

But doing this means there's no install...no wires...no fuss. and you can use it with any bluetooth enabled phone. Cost about £75 quid though.

Oh...and you look silly with it stuck in ya ear all the time...as naturally..with the new laws...you can't put the ear piece/mic comi in ya ear..when you want to make a call when on the move.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,18218,00.html

Vipes

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links