Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Door Seals

AygoIronman

Good day folks!

Thought I d like to say I got a pair of door seals from eBay for around £7 each. A better price that MR Ts price I hear from someone from this forum bought for £174!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3m-Rubber-Hollow-Air-Sealed-Seal-Strip-Car-Auto-Door-/380229244800?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58876dd780

Just like to add - My Aygo is one of the few Aygos that does not leak! :yahoo: Its registered in 2007.

The reason why I bought these new seals was to stop the niggling "whistling" noise I d get between the drivers window pillar and door when I drive around 70mph. The door itself isnt a particularly tight fit, as you can just about poke your finger through and see day light.

I think someone fitted these seals to their car but said they fell off. My seals are stil on, but thats because I cleaned the paint before I stuck them on.

I started sticking the door seal FROM the plastic "trianglar" bit of plastic ALONG the the line of the car body work, and NOT the door. (If you stick it on the door, remember the door frame bends inwards, and if you stick it here then the seal will point DOWN, and will not make contact with the body work to give a good seal)

VERDICT: No whistling noise over at just over 70mph, and also the car is noticably quieter!! Also when you shut the car door - it ACTUALLY shuts with a solid "thunk" intsead of a tinny sound. :toast:

You have to stick them ON the car body and not the door. I ll see if I can post some pics later. For some reason my USB port on my PC isnt recongnising my IPOD, Scanner, and also camera. Any ideas? :ffs:

For some reason my USB port on my PC isnt recongnising my IPOD, Scanner, and also camera. Any ideas? cursing.gif

First delete the USB port in the device manager then reboot and let Windows find it again, if that does not work then update your drivers and reboot again.

Worst case scenario is that the port is broken in which case you may have to add a new card or additional hub thumbsup.gif

Thanks Raistlin for your input. I tried that to delete the USB port in the device manager, and then rebooted. Nothing happens. I re-installed windows as PC had crashed,a nd ever since then my USB port has never recognised any items I plug into it. My PC is about 9 years old. Wonder if this can affect it?

Thanks Raistlin for your input. I tried that to delete the USB port in the device manager, and then rebooted. Nothing happens. I re-installed windows as PC had crashed,a nd ever since then my USB port has never recognised any items I plug into it. My PC is about 9 years old. Wonder if this can affect it?

What operating system are you using ?

I've had the 'whistling' from new (also a 3door Blue 2007 vintage) with no help from dealers other than them saying it is an issue with the wing mirror causing distortion of air and therefore noise to which there is no cure?! :angry:

The £174 seals from Mr T - anyone know if they are just replacements or are they any different from the originals fitted?

Aygoironman - let us know how the eBay ones work out/ any photos of them fitted?

might be an option..............

I've had the 'whistling' from new (also a 3door Blue 2007 vintage) with no help from dealers other than them saying it is an issue with the wing mirror causing distortion of air and therefore noise to which there is no cure?! :angry:

The £174 seals from Mr T - anyone know if they are just replacements or are they any different from the originals fitted?

Aygoironman - let us know how the ebay ones work out/ any photos of them fitted?

might be an option..............

The £174 seals that come from Mr T are actually additional seals to the ones already fitted. Someone from another country posted the pictures here on thos forum but I cant find it. It runs from the bottom of the windscreen pillar, along the top roof line to the end of the door. Thats it! Just a metre of rubber that costs £174. No way!

I ve got another door seal ordered so I can fit it to the passenger door. I ve had no "whistling" noise, and for £6 I can cover almost the entire door. I ve taken pics but havent figured whats gone wrong with my PC USB ports. They dont seem to recognise my camera or ipod. I ll wait to see if I can go to work and uipload them there, and then send them to myself in an email attachment. Please watch this space.

Found a previous post re door seals. Someone managed to get £85 for extra seals. I think thats still a rip off. There`s a simple drawing from Unklian user ID. As I was saying earlier in this post. You HAVE TO STICK THE SEAL ON THE CAR BODY WORK< and NOT the door frame. Refer to this earlier post.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104224&st=0

Emails to this topic shows the seal fell off, but mind you the person did put the seal on in colder weather. Ive cleaned the paint work thoroughly, and in warm weather set about putting the seal on. Its still on my car with no problems. As said before. Will post pics as soon as I can.

P.s Love the solid "thunk" the car door closes with instead of the cheap and tinny door close of before. lol

My Aygo suffered from leaking on the doors when i had it. Took it back and the dealer in Swansea fitted the new seals to the tops of the door jam for me for free under warranty. This solved the problem and like as been mentioned above, helps with noise and the door closing clink. Its now a thud.

Not sure about anywhere else, but my dealer knew the problem and fixed it straight away for me without question.

It really is just a half metre of rubber glued on to the door jam at the top though. Simple fix, im sure anyone could do themselves with some sticky backed rubber lengths if they needed to.

mike

My Aygo suffered from leaking on the doors when i had it. Took it back and the dealer in Swansea fitted the new seals to the tops of the door jam for me for free under warranty. This solved the problem and like as been mentioned above, helps with noise and the door closing clink. Its now a thud.

Not sure about anywhere else, but my dealer knew the problem and fixed it straight away for me without question.

It really is just a half metre of rubber glued on to the door jam at the top though. Simple fix, im sure anyone could do themselves with some sticky backed rubber lengths if they needed to.

mike

Hi Mike!

Thanks for your reply, and input! Guess what!? I FOUND THE PIC Just goes to show you if you dont go looking for things they turn up by themselves. I found the pic about the additional Toyota Aygo seals. I read somewhere here the top price paid was around £174, and the lowest at £74. I ll attach the photo in a moment but not just now. Got some DIOY to do, and be good to get some other peoples input for a change on here, and let them follow this topic. lol :thumbsup:

The photo is JUST how I descibed it in this topic, although Toyota`s seal in the photo is for a five door. The seal I bought from eBay is around 2 to 3 metres along. I can actuallu extend it all the way along, and ROUNF the door pillar to the bottom corner of the door. Glad I m NOT the only one that says the door actually closes with a proper "thunk" than a tinnny "clink". lol. I only found this out when I fitted my own seal from eBay as a trial on the drivers door. When I close the passenger door it just sounds so tinny.

So if ANY one wants to buy Toyotas seal then go ahead but I really dont think its worth the money. If you want to add this cheap mod them please ask ANY questions on here, or follow the the photgraph illustration which I ll post later.

Regards

no worries at all. Obviously most will be out of their respective warranty, but im sure that all those that are still in warranty, if you take yours back and say its leaking water in the tops of the doors, then maybe they'll fit the new strip for you! ;) maybe! lol