Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Tyres Do You Use?

DeusMR2

What tyres do your mr2's wear and are you happy with them?

Please also give the radius/aspect ratio etc..for example right now i've got:

Toyo Proxes T1-S

195/40 R15 on front

225/35 R15 on rear

The rears are starting to wear away now but the fronts are like new, the previous owner had them on for about 6000 miles before i bought it, grip is great in the dry but i havn't tested in the wet yet.

Hopefully this topic will be useful in the future for people looking to buy new tyres (like me soon!)

Mk2 MR2:

195/55 R15 front

225/50 R15 rear

are the standard sizes from rev2 onwards.

I have Yokohamas on the rear, they were on the car when I bought it 9 months ago, and will probably need replacing in around 3-6 months time - will probably go for Pirelli Pzero's as I found them quite good on my previous gen7 Celica.

I have some Jupiter brand on the front (anyone heard of them????), again they were on the car when I bought it, tread on them is fine. I would've expected more unsteer with these tyres due to having never heard of them, but no, they seem reasonable.

Toyo Proxes are reckoned to be quite good. Don't buy cheap tyres for the MR2, it may cost you dear in the long run...

I've had

cr*p jap rubber on 15's ..

cr*p jap rubber on 16's

Goodyears on 16's

Hankook on 17's

Toyo's on 17's

The goodyears have been best, but the Toyos aint bad ..

Want to try Bridgestones next - but not the S03 .. I'm after S02's or wait till the S04 come out ..

Nothing - but they are not as good as the S02's ..

The S02 was an awesome tyre .. and the S03 lasts longer - but gives less grip ..

When I bought my '2 it had Falkens fitted, but after nearly loosing the rear too many times in both dry and damp, I switched to Goodyear F1's - old pattern as the new ones were not available yet. The car stuck to the road remarkably in all conditions. They weren't cheap mind. I kep to stock sizes on the stock rims.

i had so2s on my 14s and 16s and thought they weren't much cop, esp on the 16s as they lost grip constantly, i was running 205 front 225 rear. now running abrand i've never heard of before 'nexen', same pattern as goodyear eagle f1s and they grip a lot better than the bridgestones

I picked up some 17"s from Leicester lastnight! long drive/ :ffs: But for £400 with brand new uniroyal Rainsport tyres i thought that was a bargain! Ohh and the wheels where bK 299's in immaculate condition! :hokus-pokus:

Only problem is 205/40/17 front & 215/40/17 rear... Why i dont know... any one wanna buy my fronts??

:drool:

What do you think?

that's an odd combo... tho its the same diff as the stock setup so can't be all that bad!!?

if u want BIG tyres go 225/35 on the front and 245/35's on the rear.

or the sensible approach, and that used my most on here:

215/40/17 on the front and 235/40/17 on the rear.

-Z

but I crashed.. lol. Most prob down to the tyre sizes... doh !

u just keep on telling urself that jimbo :P

heh, j/k, it was most likely dwn to ur tyres, since dropping the size i bet rear end been behaving itself more?

-Z

yip... it's been well behaved ever since. Only had one little twitch on a wet roundabout... but nothing major. oooh... and in the snow ( but that's expected ). Apart from that, it's been a good little boy !

Gen III GT-S MR2

195/55 R15 front

225/50 R15 rear

Rears can't remeber but are due for a change, Fronts I JUST recently changed...went for Dunlop FM901's as I have used them before with good results, only on the front though...had them on the rear and they went through the tread to quickly. Not sure what I'll put on the back yet.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Used to have Ventus K102 rubber on the rear - LETHAL (dont buy these tyres if you value your cars bodywork)

Swapped them for brand new Pirelli P-Zero Assemtrico's - Really good tyre in all weather. No loss of grip.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links