Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Dice With Death

rambler

hi folks

well this time,i was on my way back from the lake district,on the M62 east bound in the fast lane following the rest of britain on the bank holiday !

when for no apparent reason my rav4 lost all power and returned to idle,i managed to quickly whip across to hard shoulder,almost hitting several vehicles before rolling to a stop.

so there i was,it barely rev's ,even with foot to floor, engine warning light came on.

ive spent the last 24hours in 3 AA recovery trucks,1 overnight stay in a travel lodge,and a vauxhall insignia coursesy car from AA to which ive drove home from dunstable in.

when i got up this morning at the travel lodge,i started the rav,it rev's just fine :angry: tempted to carry on driving it again.

however the AA said get it diagnosed,dont chance it happening again.

but what could cause it to just die on me,actually it did rev just after it broke down but only just above idle.

any ideas anyone.....please,89'000 miles D4D FTSH

Sorry I can`t help with your problem but pleased to see you survived your sudden and unexpected left turn on the m/way

No doubt in my mind an answer will be winging it`s way to you soon.

Best of luck,you seem to be short of that just lately,lets hope that will improve soon

Well held Rambs.

Now the MIL has been lit the ECU will have stored a code. You need to get that before we go any further. Did the AA man give you the code?

Well held Rambs.

Now the MIL has been lit the ECU will have stored a code. You need to get that before we go any further. Did the AA man give you the code?

hi anchorman

unfortunatly i had a AA substitute recover me to a safe place,he didnt even plug a computer in !.he lifted the bonnett,got me to rev it and said 'no back pressure on turbo' :unsure:

he just wrote on his sheet,'turbo fault,ECU light on'....then

just loaded me up and took me off the motorway...then dumped me in a side road just off next junction,to await next recovery truck......that took another 2 hours,and its was'nt even an AA truck :huh:

then my day just got worse and worse and worse :crybaby:

Well held Rambs.

hi anchorman

unfortunatly i had a AA substitute recover me to a safe place,he didnt even plug a computer in !.he lifted the bonnett,got me to rev it and said 'no back pressure on turbo' :unsure:

just loaded me up and took me off the motorway...then dumped me in a side road just off next junction,to await next recovery truck......that took another 2 hours,and its was'nt even an AA truck :huh:

Was this with Club Toyota? They have just changed from RAC to AA a month ago.

Well held Rambs.

hi anchorman

Was this with Club Toyota? They have just changed from RAC to AA a month ago.

hi pmb

yep i'm afraid so,from the enitial phone call to AA beakdown via club toyota,it was'nt good .

The first breakdown truck i saw was a firm working on AA's behalf (F.A.M recovery) based in radcliffe,manchester.

He took me off the M62 to junction 23 and left me in a side road..literally,safe, but no idea where i was.

Then about 2 hours later !,a company called the 'Friendly' recovery turned up,no idea who they were,but they phoned me several times in the 2 hour slot,just trying to locate where the previous truck had left me.

The 'friendly' truck then took me to 'Woodall' services ,but i noticed during the horrendous driving in his less that adequate truck(old V reg thing),he was'nt waring his seat belt,his tacko was'nt working,his speedo was'nt working,and he was very agitated,made me very nervous.

During a courtesy phone call from the AA last night, it turned out the 'Friendly' firm should'nt have even been involved with my breakdown at all.

When we arrived at 'Woodall' services at about 4pm...ish,i saw my first AA truck awaiting for me.....yippeee,a proper corporate AA person...at last ,5 hours after breaking down.

A lovely lady called Shirley was the first official AA recovery person who i had met that day,she was exceptionally helpfull,right up until 10pm when i got to the 'Premier inn'at Dunstable for the night,absolutley exhausted.

During the time travelling in her truck,safe,the 'background' staff in the AA booked me a courtesy car,guaranteed from Northhampton Enterprise so i could drive home,when we eventually got there it was locked up and no one there...no car available.

That was when i snapped,they even tried palming me off with a car from 'leicester' enterprise,back up north,i refused....as you would that time of night,thinking i would have to drive 5 hours home from there. :yawn:

It was at this point that i insisted on the hotel for the night. :ffs:

Shirley the AA lady insisted i email a full detailed letter to their customer services dept,complaining about an horrendous service...which i have already done.

Shirley went over and above her driving hours for me,and pulled out all the stops to ensure i was ok.

At 9am yesterday the 4th recovery truck (proper AA) collected me,from hotel and took me to

Enterprise at Dunstable where i collected the vauxhall,and made my way home.

But then on the M25 driving carefully,as its not my car,a large stone was flicked up by a discovery with a caravan on the back,and hit the windscreen and almost smashed it totally,this was all i needed,it finished me off,could not believe it.. :censor:

I limpted home,had enough of it all,awaiting a response from AA now ,as have emailed them the entire story.

Hope to get a fair bit of compensation.