Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Soon To Be Gone

Hoovie

Well, tomorrow is probably going to be my last day of ownership of the Pimped RAV4  :(

Driving south to swap it for a Nissan Qashqai.  Hopefully I will get a similar amount of enjoyment from the QQ, but I don't think I will get the same level of help and knowledge for the new car as I have for my RAV4  :crybaby:

I'll still be hanging around the place though  :D

Catch you all later, RAVers

Hoovie.

:yes:

Another chapter over,forward to the next one.

I wish you all the best with your new wheels,and many happy miles ahead

Well Hoovie after 2616 posts you will be missed.

All the best with your new vehicle and I must say I'm surprised you haven't gone for another Rav.

all the very best.... :thumbsup:

Hoovster, best wishes with your new Renault :unsure:

Seriously, Nissan are nearly as big a pain in the **** as Toyota are, when you have them as a customer and they are buying components from you and in turn, that usually makes the vehicles very reliable, IMHO.

Good luck with it Hoovie

Iv'e checked out the Qashqai forum a few times and seems pretty similar to this one.

Best of luck for the future Hoovie :thumbsup:

Mrs Duncs has a strange dislike for the Qashqai, maybe something happened during her childhood :lol:

Hope you don't mind us laughing at you when it snows... ;)

well done and hoop it gives you the drive you expect from it and let us know how much pimp you put on this one :lol:

Well, the RAV has passed on to another world (England!) but I am still here as I warned you all :yahoo:

Did 200 miles on the RAV4 this morning .... according to the ever reliable ( :eek::lol: ) Toyota OBC, I got 32MPG. Started with tank just under 3/4 full. had to put in an extra fivers worth to get to dealer :rolleyes:

Did 220 miles on the Qashqai this afternoon .... according to the unknown Nissan OBC, I got 46MPG. Filled up tank before starting home, just over 1/4 tank gone now home :thumbsup:

So getting 50% better economy, but the engine has got to loosen up a bit I would think (Qashqai was 2nd hand with a grand total of 14 miles on the clock)

Qashqai was a very enjoyable drive back home, have to say and feels very roomy and bright inside, especially with the big glass roof B)

Good luck with the new car Hoovie. Let us know what you think of it.

I was considering looking at the QQ+2 as my next car, before I was made redundant :(

Well done + good luck Hoovie,are there lots of pimping bits available for the QQ ? MPG sounds good, I take it its diesel :unsure: How about a "CHIP" later on :yes: best wishes mate :thumbsup: Stew

hoovie, change you signature so we all can keep an eye on your mpg :)

I had no quibbles with the one in the USA and in fact the CVT gearbox was first class. I hope it does well for you Hoovie.

The new and the old side by side

qqrav4.jpg

QQ on its own...

2010_04274160079.jpg

Even though like the new QQ, think I will still miss the RAV4   :yes:

Well done + good luck Hoovie,are there lots of pimping bits available for the QQ ? MPG sounds good, I take it its diesel :unsure: How about a "CHIP" later on :yes: best wishes mate :thumbsup: Stew

It is a diesel indeed Stew.  Just a 1.5 "PureDrive" (Renault sourced I understand).   There are quite a few "enhancements" for the QQ and no doubt I will be adding something after a while  :thumbsup:

Chipping could well be an option later when I 'feel the need for speed' -  Going from 140bhp down to 105bhp will be quite a difference to get used to  :rolleyes:  though the torque could be better? (not compared numbers yet)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looker Hoovie, I noticed it is the pre-face lifed version, but those wheels are to die for!!!! and Tekna as well HID,s and leather!!!

How are you coping with the Renault diesel? I fancied one ages ago but went on their UK owners forum and just got the wrong messages regarding lots of niggles mainly about build quality and the dreaded rear shocks. You also won,t have 4 wheel drive on that model, mind it does reflect in the fuel consumption. Wonder what the Juke will be like!!!!

Regards Manxrav

No 4WD, but I found even though I planned to do a little bit of gentle off-roading in the RAV, I never did and the chance of wanting to do that in a brand car is 0%!  

I was in two minds about the non-face lift version (the newer one reminds me of the RAV4.3 actually) but I am starting to prefer the older style TBH (which reminds me of the Merc ML a little), it is a bit chunkier looking.  I read about the shocks - apparently a design+manufacturing fault from the supplier and sorted around eventually 18 months ago, so fingers crossed should be ok. 

I thought the 1.5dCi would struggle a little, but while it is no rocketship, it is pretty good and feels much bigger the 1500cc. The 2.0dCi is said to have a lot of DPF issues as it happens.

Qashqai itself feels very solid in build and everything seems to be put together very well  :thumbsup:

I reckon the QQ looks pretty mean actually! Good choice of colour too mate. :thumbsup: