Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

London Congestion Zone

Razorman

Recently got an Aygo and on the internet there are lots of references to an Aygo being exempt from the London congestion charge due to it's low emmisions.

However, having rung the congesion charge people they say there is no exemption just for low emmisions and no purely petrol cars are exempt.

Two things:-

1) Anyone know why this is on the internet? Have the rules changed?

2) Just wanted to let everyone know so that they don't beleive it and get a fine.

It was all talk really I think, there were rumours that low-emissions cars (under 120 g/km CO2) would be exempt from the congestion charge - I don't really know how much truth was in it, or if it could still happen. It'd certainly be a way of getting people into Aygos :P

But I don't know why it's still hovering around the internet, always best to go by what the official websites say I reckon :)

No, its not exempt I'm afraid, I looked into this quite recently.

It was part of the proposals to hike up the CC for bigger emission cars - the so called 4x4 charges. As part of those proposals the CC was going be 100% discounted for those cars that emitted (I think) less than 120g CO2 - whatever the figures, I recall it was definately groups A and B.

Anyway with the opposition to this 4x4 tax the proposed alterations were cancelled. Good news for Range Rovers, bad news for Aygos lol

See this -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3346577/Boris-Johnson-scraps-congestion-charge-for-4x4-vehicles.html

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links