Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Annoying Door Alarm

Roker

Is there anyway that I can stop that annoying alarm when I open the door with the key in the ignition?

Can it be programmed out in the ECU?

Is there anyway that I can stop that annoying alarm when I open the door with the key in the ignition?

You could take the key out of the ignition. :rolleyes:

Not a very clever answer. with the key out, I cannot listen to the radio with the door open or vacuum the car out using the cigarette lighter socket etc.

You could listen to the radio with the door closed, and the window open. As for the cigar lighter not being live without the ignition on, you have a point if you need to use a vac or anything else that uses the lighter socket for power. If it is not an option to use mains power, could the socket be changed to a direct feed from the Battery ?. I do not know if it is safe or wise to do so though. :rolleyes:

You could listen to the radio with the door closed, and the window open. As for the cigar lighter not being live without the ignition on, you have a point if you need to use a vac or anything else that uses the lighter socket for power. If it is not an option to use mains power, could the socket be changed to a direct feed from the battery ?. I do not know if it is safe or wise to do so though. :rolleyes:

The Sat Nav also resets everytime I switch off and on the ignition. My last car a Scoda Octavia had a much more common sensense aproach, the socket was on all of the time, pity about the rest of the car though.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a very clever answer. with the key out, I cannot listen to the radio with the door open or vacuum the car out using the cigarette lighter socket etc.

Is it not the case if you put the ignition back to the "on position" that the beeping does not happen when door is open?

Is it not the case if you put the ignition back to the "on position" that the beeping does not happen when door is open?

The key is in the AUX position to play the radio and turn on the socket, I do not want to turn on the Ignition if I am not going to start the engine, this draws quite a large current if the engine is not started.

The key is in the AUX position to play the radio and turn on the socket, I do not want to turn on the Ignition if I am not going to start the engine, this draws quite a large current if the engine is not started.

all you have to do is to remove the cover under the ignition switch and there must be a 2 wire plug around the switch just unplug it and all is done and if you want to go back just plug it again. on my car i leave it unplug coz its too annoying, and dont worry it wont affect anything. hope this help. if more help needed on how to do it just let me know. i'll post some pic.

all you have to do is to remove the cover under the ignition switch and there must be a 2 wire plug around the switch just unplug it and all is done and if you want to go back just plug it again. on my car i leave it unplug coz its too annoying, and dont worry it wont affect anything. hope this help. if more help needed on how to do it just let me know. i'll post some pic.

Badboys44 Thanks for that, the only screws I can see to remove the cover, is the 2 screws going down from behind the steering wheel

Badboys44 Thanks for that, the only screws I can see to remove the cover, is the 2 screws going down from behind the steering wheel

2 behind the steering wheel and 1 under the steering wheel.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links