Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

UK Supra's

GarethR

Hi all,

I currently own at 1994 GT Celica, thinking of changing cars in the next couple of months. Just now get a good deal for insurance off elephant.

Would like a Supra, but would really like a UK born one. This makes insuring a lot easier & cheaper for me.

How many UK ones are actually out there ? I am in Scotland and I think I have seen 1 in the last 6 months. What are you guys noticing?

Thanks.

I don't think there are many UK MKIV around, I reckon only a few thousand (if that) were sold in the three or so years that Toyota made them for the UK market. I have only seen a handful in the last three months, some had really high mileage and while others got sold pretty quickly....

I've decided to import one from Japan because I got fed up of trying to find a good UK Supra, and to be honest I haven't seen much of a difference in price for insuring the UK or the Japanese Supra.

Hardly any is the answer!

I've been looking for a manual UK twin turbo for 6 months and have seen two available...one sold immediately, the other is still on the autotrader website overpriced at £12500 (with 99k on the clock).

There's a more automatics about, still rare compared the 1000's of imports but i'm holding out for a manual.

UK car is far superior; good review in 'Japanese Performance Magazine' issue 19.

Good luck in finding one...you'll need it!

• 1 month later...

Why do you want the UK spec?

The only reason I ask is tesco insurance was £200 cheaper for me on an import :)

UK Spec was far superior to jap spec.

Bigger front brakes on the TT

Bigger injectors, 550cc on uk 440cc on jap

Active front spoiler

Leather on all models

Headlamp washers

Bonnet air scoop

To name but a few..

Just reading this thread (1st post and all), I too am possibly considering one of these beasts... but am a little confused with specs.? (latest model mk5?)

Is the 3.0L non turbo an import?

I have recieved some good quotes on the non turbo and the TT, just testing the water at the mo to see which is best for my budget.

Im after a manual and want to spend less than 7k, not majorly fussy if its an import or not.

What's the deal with the Targra top, when did that come in?

If anyone could point me in the direction to the answers of the above, I would be most greatfull.

Thanks

Si.

TBH I don't think £7K would get you a very good Supra, TT or not :(

The 3.0l is imported, the TT manuals are rare as well, if you find one you'll be paying £9.5k+

I've been told the auto box is very good but like most I prefur manuals :)

Dave

Thanks Dave, nice lude, not as nice as my Civic, but still v.nice! :D (Cman - Honda-R)

I can see I will have to do some hefty research on this subject, could prove very expensive :unsure:

Si.

Dammit I've been foiled in my great Prelude sell up.

Well you know what I'm after :)

Keep it schtum though, I know the wolves at Honda will be out on the turbo lag vs n/a :)

It will be expensive, I started with a budget of £9.5k I think I've found one that suits me for £11k, time to barter once my ludes gone.... :D

D

My lips are sealed! :unsure::blink::ph34r:

I see that the Toyota club will be joining us at Gaydon, you coming?? That will be a good chance to do some sniffing about round some of these beasts..

Turbo lag V N/a, it's a Supra who cares, there mean!!!!! :D

You looking at the TT version? lucky man if you are, big step up from the lude.

S.

Yep I'm looking at a TT, believe it or not its cheaper to insure than the lude :blink:

I'll be going on a RWD course though as I've never driven one 300+hp is going to be a swift learning curve :)

Personally can't wait, just need to sell the lude(s).....

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya,

What RWD course r u going on? I am moving up from a Yaris T Sport (modded) to a 280bhp RWD car. Need a bit of practise first.......

Cheers,

Mark.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links