Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 Double Din Stereo Fascia Gap

kittnut

Hey

I just purchased a Pioneer FH-P80BT double din headunit to replace the old Sony one that came with the car. Its the pre-face lift Gen 7 Celica. I used the steel brackets that fitted the Sony unit onto the the Pioneer stereo.....no problem. The Pioneer installed no problem but it sits further back in recess by a few mm in the double din fascia. The gap is not too bad at the top but theres a decent size gap at the bottom.

I'm sure this has more to do with the fascia rather than the bracket as there is there is no way the new stereo would fit flush with the fascia. Did anyone make a fascia surround for double dins. I've looked through the forum but couldn't really find what I was looking for.

Cheers

Hey

I just purchased a Pioneer FH-P80BT double din headunit to replace the old Sony one that came with the car. Its the pre-face lift Gen 7 Celica. I used the steel brackets that fitted the Sony unit onto the the Pioneer stereo.....no problem. The Pioneer installed no problem but it sits further back in recess by a few mm in the double din fascia. The gap is not too bad at the top but theres a decent size gap at the bottom.

I'm sure this has more to do with the fascia rather than the bracket as there is there is no way the new stereo would fit flush with the fascia. Did anyone make a fascia surround for double dins. I've looked through the forum but couldn't really find what I was looking for.

Cheers

I know when after market stereos are fitted to the gen 7, that gaps appear around the head unit due to the factory system face being slightly wider than standard units.. There are kits you can buy online that have fillers required to go around the sides...

A quick search on eBay, brings these up.. something there may fix your problem..

Ebay Links

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

Cheers

I know when after market stereos are fitted to the gen 7, that gaps appear around the head unit due to the factory system face being slightly wider than standard units.. There are kits you can buy online that have fillers required to go around the sides...

A quick search on eBay, brings these up.. something there may fix your problem..

Ebay Links

I did have a post ages ago about fitting a double din stereo and the spacer and the part names (which was hard to find out!)

The part numbers are:

* 86221-52060

* 86221-52050

And you are looking at about £14 in total for them.

Unfortunately this forum seems to lack the ability to show all posts/topics I have made, so I can't find it. (It only shows the last few months worth of posts!)

Attached is a zip of my guide and the part info. Just download it, extract it and open the index.html file; you'll then see the guide in your browser!

Thanks

edit:silly attachment limit

fittingstereosmall.zip

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links