Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Petrol Consumption

Aygo owner

Hi There,

We have now had our Aygo for 9 months. The petrol consumption continues to be a big disappointment. Despite favourable driving conditions the return is 40 something to the gallon. Not what we expected, we were lead to believe that 60 mpg was acheivable.

Our old A series metro did a genuine 50 mpg, it therefore seems that we are going backward with technology.

I would have it checked, I get an average of 60 mpg on mine.

• 1 month later...

I always get above 50 mpg. What is your driving style like? What sort of journeys do you make in the car? :)

You might find it's improving in this hot weather too, economy tends to be worse during the winter months :)

• 6 months later...

1. make sure all tyres are at 34psi
  2. use gear 4 @ 30mph to 35mph
  3. after 40mph use 5th gear.
  4. dont use the heater as i takes the drag off the engine.. never use the A/C
  5. dont use your radio
  6. close your windows
  7. dont shift too early
  8. dont shift too late
  9. keep the car in the appropriate gear and coast down a hill
  10. only travel with yourself in the car, as weight lessens the MPG
  11. shift down the gears rather than braking.
  12. drive between 55-65 on the motaway.
  13. stay behind a huge lorry to get rid of the wind resistance.

• 4 months later...

Hi There,

We have now had our Aygo for 9 months. The petrol consumption continues to be a big disappointment. Despite favourable driving conditions the return is 40 something to the gallon. Not what we expected, we were lead to believe that 60 mpg was acheivable.

Our old A series metro did a genuine 50 mpg, it therefore seems that we are going backward with technology.

Hi,

My Aygo is only a couple of months old with just 1500 miles on the clock but already it is returning no less than 55mpg and on a recent run gave 68.8mpg and this is driving in normal conditions without any kind of eco-focused driving manners. My Aygo Go model also has the MMT multi-mode which is brilliant.

Matt

I have to admit I do not drive my Aygo economically but i do get around 47 mpg. However this is improving as the mileage/age increases so its all positive. The 60mpg is achievable as some have mentioned, but it will also be easier to acheive once the car has some massive mileage on it.

Our Aygo averages 48-55 mpg on 60mph country lanes, but we did get 81mpg the day we picked it up on a trip from home to Folkestone... 78 miles on a13/m25/m20 and return at 60-65mph all the way....

• 3 weeks later...

Yes as above usuall get 55mpg, driving at 70 up and down to work, have 4000 miles now and its 3 months old

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links