Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunroof

simonj

Hi,

Has anybody fitted an after market sunroof. Seems like a nice idea for our hot summers. I saw a website for a full canvas one but when I enquired they did not have one to fit. Anybody know different?

Thanks

Main company for sun roofs used to be Webasto. Sure they still make them. I had one on my first car a Renault 5.

Was really nice, Of couse the canvas ones do leak , (only usually a problem if you use an automated car wash)

Also reduce the cars security (not that your cars that secure anyway)

Finally cars ridgidity will be effected so you get a bit more chasis flex but not so much that you would notice on anything less than a race car.

If cars out of warantee then its OK

I had mine doen when still in warranty and never heard anything about it from the dealer.

With Peugeot you can even get a Webasto installed from the dealer on a 107.

Anyway, my Aygo now sports a Webasto Hollandia 300 Medium Deluxe with sun blind:

Dakje01.jpg

Dakje02.jpg

100_3728.gif

Only thing I didn't like was the green button-illumination. So I took that apart and

put in Amber ones I had lying around after modifiying an OEM radio to blue...

100_5158.JPG

I had mine doen when still in warranty and never heard anything about it from the dealer.

With Peugeot you can even get a Webasto installed from the dealer on a 107.

Hey Jan!

Wow! You really know your stuff. I like the amber lighting, and your right its well better than the green lighting. I take it you had to do some soldering?

Yes, it involved soldering. The top row of the last pic shows the process I went through.

The middel pic is about lifesize, showing one of the LEDs on my finger. It's a "1206",

so it measures 1,6 by 3,2 millimeters! The top right picture is the first revision: didn't

have the exact right color yet, so I made the light more red with some translucent vinyl.

The current version (bottom right) is done with LEDs I salvaged from an OEM radio, so perfect match!

Thanks all for the reply. Think it looks great Jan so may save my pennies for one. Will not be doing the soldering though my fingers are too big and my skill level too low.

I personally have never seen any use for a sunroof in this country - more specifically on an Aygo, why would I want something else that could cause a leak in my Aygo when Toyota have provided so many different novel ways ;)

Good luck to those who are brave enough to get one!