Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Ipod Integration Kit - Any Other Users?

BigTezza

Apologies if the answer to this is somewhere else on the forum but I couldn't find any info.

Are there any other user's of Toyota's own iPod Integration Kit out there? I'm just wondering if what I'm seeing with my recent purchase is par for the course.

Basically I sometimes find that if I leave the hi-fi on the iPod (or CDCH mode as the head unit states) and turn the engine off, the system doesn't seem to wake up when I get back in the car and drive off. I get the CDCH mode appear on the head unit and the installer at the dealership said that as I use an iPod Classic then it will take a short while to spin the disk up but sometimes it just doesn't come back. The only solution I've found so far is to unplug the iPod and plug it in again - not easy when driving!

Just a general question on the operation......if I'm on a playlist and turn things on/off by stopping and am lucky enough for the iPod to be recognised when I start up again the head unit displays the "Last Selected" option i.e. if I hit the CD changer buttons to move around I find I'm actually back at the very beginning of my playlists and have to cycle right through them again to the one I next want. Do others get the same? Any tips on making usage of this thing a bit less clunky? Are others getting the same kind of 'wake-up' problem?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies if the answer to this is somewhere else on the forum but I couldn't find any info.

Are there any other user's of Toyota's own iPod Integration Kit out there? I'm just wondering if what I'm seeing with my recent purchase is par for the course.

Basically I sometimes find that if I leave the hi-fi on the iPod (or CDCH mode as the head unit states) and turn the engine off, the system doesn't seem to wake up when I get back in the car and drive off. I get the CDCH mode appear on the head unit and the installer at the dealership said that as I use an iPod Classic then it will take a short while to spin the disk up but sometimes it just doesn't come back. The only solution I've found so far is to unplug the iPod and plug it in again - not easy when driving!

Just a general question on the operation......if I'm on a playlist and turn things on/off by stopping and am lucky enough for the iPod to be recognised when I start up again the head unit displays the "Last Selected" option i.e. if I hit the CD changer buttons to move around I find I'm actually back at the very beginning of my playlists and have to cycle right through them again to the one I next want. Do others get the same? Any tips on making usage of this thing a bit less clunky? Are others getting the same kind of 'wake-up' problem?

Yeah I get the smae problem when driving my Parents Auris T180 i find turning the radio off and on a couple of times brings the ipod back to life, but sometimes it even freases the ipod. when you go over bumps the connector comes off, really not a good system...

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

[Hi there, Giox is here.

Same problem. Toyota Avensis 2.0 d4d (2008). Original toyota I-pod connector. I-pod nano.

Hypoteticaly, I am listening 45. playlist on my I-pod. When restarting a car, have to go again through every playlists to listen a 46. playlist, or when 45. playlist is over, it starts from first, and not to 46. playlist.

VERY ANOYING!!!

Any solution?