Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Condensation In Front Headlamp

cute black aygo

HEY i have had my Aygo black special edtion since august last yr i wd say fore the past 3 months i have noticed the front headlamp with condensation in it thinkin that it mite be down to the winter weather i decided to wait until the weather subsided anyway took it into my local dealer today who after giving it some inspection informned me that someone must have hit it and cracked the light going on to say it wd cost over £200 to replace but i then took it to a very reputable local garage who said there was nothing wrong with the light it wasnt cracked and didnt need replaced they gave me some advice on how to fix the problem and said any long term damage wd be that possibly the bulb wd blow it is due its MOT in 3 months so i am hoping the garage will look at it further just wondering if anyone has another opinion on this thanks

I have a 2007 Aygo Black and i have the same issue as yourself. Its always done it and with past cars i know that the dealers arent usually a great help with them.

If you have any luck sorting it out, please let me know!

P.s. ive noticed its only the offside that fogs up, the nearside never has an issue....

mike

well that is interesting the guy at the garage popped the bonnet and showed me how to relese the seal behind the light then told me to run the engine for an hr with the headlamps on which i have done and it has solved it but am sure this will only be temporary am hoping when it goes for its MOT they will investiagte further

I should imagine that would solve it for a while. But thats a bit like asking you to only drive it in sunny weather for the next 2 weeks. Which would also solve it! lol

I think you're right, its probably a temp fix.... :0(

I should imagine that would solve it for a while. But thats a bit like asking you to only drive it in sunny weather for the next 2 weeks. Which would also solve it! lol

I think you're right, its probably a temp fix.... :0(

I noticed my new Aygo had this on the nearside front, it went away on its own and has not reappeared. I'm unsure if this is a fault or not. Could someone advise if I should make a warranty claim?

Thanks.

when i took mine to the dealer they said such a thing wasnt covered by warrenty which makes me wonder wot the heck is i think they were just lookin for an excuse to get money as i said when i took it to a local garage they said don worry that it dosent cause damage to other parts of the car and at worse case senerio the bulb wd blow which is easily replaced

when i took mine to the dealer they said such a thing wasnt covered by warrenty which makes me wonder wot the heck is i think they were just lookin for an excuse to get money as i said when i took it to a local garage they said don worry that it dosent cause damage to other parts of the car and at worse case senerio the bulb wd blow which is easily replaced

That's interesting, as I recently took my aygo black 07 for its service, and asked them to have a look at some issues under warranty (I bought it second hand from the same dealer last august). One of them was constant condensation in a front headlamp. They replaced the entire headlamp unit under warranty, and I didn't have to pay for any other issues that I asked them to rectify (including secondary door seals)

Matt

That's interesting, as I recently took my aygo black 07 for its service, and asked them to have a look at some issues under warranty (I bought it second hand from the same dealer last august). One of them was constant condensation in a front headlamp. They replaced the entire headlamp unit under warranty, and I didn't have to pay for any other issues that I asked them to rectify (including secondary door seals)

Matt

I had the same problem - I mentioned it to my dealer when I took it in for its 2nd year service - they changed it under warranty - no questions asked.