Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scratches

phalcon

Hi Guys (& of course Gals)

I've just ordered an Island blue IQ (I can't wait, its arriving next week). The only thing is after looking through the forums people seem to be have a few issues, mainly scratches on the interior plastics and poor MPG? Can any one offer any advice on these, is it just the early models?

Ta

Hi Guys (& of course Gals)

I've just ordered an Island blue IQ (I can't wait, its arriving next week). The only thing is after looking through the forums people seem to be have a few issues, mainly scratches on the interior plastics and poor MPG? Can any one offer any advice on these, is it just the early models?

Ta

When they say YMMV (your mileage may vary) they ain't kiddin' There are some who get close to the mid-50s and better. Then there's ours which even with the best intentions never improves on 40mpg. I still don't know if I should book it in so that Mr. T can have a look to see if there's anything obviously at fault. As for the plastic, yes, it is simply the pits and scratches and scuffs too easily. An old git with the brain of a moron (assuming he had one at all) ran his mobility scooter into our car today. The outside is now beginning to look like the plastic on the inside. It's the only thing that really lets it down. Some have commented that the iQ plastic is better than other cars. If you take care getting in and out and try not to let the seatbelt rattle on the door pillar then you'll keep the plastic in good condition. The worst place is the plastic inside the door in the floor. That's looking really yukky. I'm tempted to put something rubbery-like over it if only to try and make it look a bit better than it is.

I'm being told by my salesperson to report the interior plastics and they should then be changed under warranty!!

My car is a Feb 2009 model and still NO scratches whatsoever on the interior plastics!!

I average 41mpg on my commute to and from work, but thats 7 miles each way, traffic/stop starting all the time. I drove constantly for 70-80 miles yesterday on mainish roads, no traffic/queuing and averaged 50mpg and wasnt trying hard to be economical!

My car is a Feb 2009 model and still NO scratches whatsoever on the interior plastics!!

I average 41mpg on my commute to and from work, but thats 7 miles each way, traffic/stop starting all the time. I drove constantly for 70-80 miles yesterday on mainish roads, no traffic/queuing and averaged 50mpg and wasnt trying hard to be economical!

Same here..February 2009 model, 15,000miles and no marks on the interior plastics so far.

Gear change has gone from slightly "notchy" a year ago to perfect now, without any adjustment by MrT.

55mpg+ on average.

Great car!

Bought my car Mar 09 iq2 - have now done 6500 miles.

Notchy gear completed sorted itself. Average mpg 56 - thats 7 miles in traffic to work and back every day. Have done 2 long trips, one 250 round trip last August and one 200 miles last month.

Have some scatches now on drivers side plastic mainly from where the seat belt catches when I haven't tucked it away properly.

Also not impressed with some minor stone chips on front bumper as car is white and underneath is black so even the small ones stand out a mile.

Other than that it is perfect :)