Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrades E11

sbrown833

I'm looking to add something new to my car any ideas where I should start with some upgrades? I have the E11 the earlier model with the rounded headlights. I'm looking for both engine upgrade (i've seen a lot of air filters etc in ebay) and body upgrades. Anybody know where I should start and give me some deas of what to look for and where to look. Much appreciated.

post-93668-127304879472_thumb.jpg

Best engine upgrade is a 2 litre turbo from a Celica GT4, failing that do what I did and transplant a supercharged Toyota 4A-GZE engine from a Japanese Toyota Levin GTz. Shame these engines are very difficult to get hold of. You could always try a 20valve 4A-GE from the later Levins.

The standard engines fitted to the E11 (1.3 and 1.6) are Toyota's economy engines so it's difficult to get extra horse power out of them. There is a thread on here of a guy in Florida who has turbo'd his standard engine but has rebuilt the engine with high horsepower in mind.

I'm afraid to say that air filters. exhausts etc are not going to give you much in the way of extra horses.