Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's The Best Toyota... Ever

carjourno

Ok - it seems they've been around since the invention of the wheel and have seen buying trends move from gas guzzling monsters to the everso eco-friendly hybrids.

But, given a choice, what Toyota would you drive?

As a motoring journalist, with several test drive reviews at www.carjourno.co.uk I have been lucky enough to try most of them out.

For me, I love that Land Cruiser - you can throw heaven and earth in its path and it's not put out in the least.

What about you?

Ok - it seems they've been around since the invention of the wheel and have seen buying trends move from gas guzzling monsters to the everso eco-friendly hybrids.

As a motoring journalist, with several test drive reviews at www.carjourno.co.uk I have been lucky enough to try most of them out.

For me, I love that Land Cruiser - you can throw heaven and earth in its path and it's not put out in the least.

What about you?

Strictly speaking a Lexus is a Toyota, so it will be the L-FA for me please, that engine alone is worthy of the ALL TIME title.

At the risk of being Clarkson-esq: If the L-FA was a god, IT WOULD BE THORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Corolla.

World's best selling car... ever.... fact

End of arguement.

:P :lol:

Although i'd prob say Supra :drool:

Our first Toyota was a Corolla Verso. We had some problems with it but nothing that was a show-stopper. It was comfy and had lots of room. It gets my vote. Ask me in twelve months if I think the iQ3 we have now is on a par. I see no reason why it should not.

Corolla.

End of arguement.

Agreed :thumbsup: & to be specific, I'd say my Executive GL Liftback. I'm biased, though, as I'm on my 2nd, now :driving:

See picture in signature :wub:

What about you?

GT2000? Beautiful car. But one that you'd be lucky to see, nevermind drive or own. Famous for a few moments in a Bond film = Glamour.

Land Cruiser is a good shout. Just as home in Chelsea as it is in Bagdad.

Corolla? Seriously? Ha ha ha. It's now a bland eco box. It's just been the "name" glued to the back of their mid range car. It's hardly the same car that's been evolving over time (like the 911 for example).

AE86 and AW11's have a cult following. Cheap and special (rwd and low power made for fun cars. The AW11 was Japans first mid engined car). Back when Japan has stopped copying europe for designs and were trying to find their own style. But hardly "best".

Prius? Even though I hate them, they are the start of a new line of cars. I'd rather have AIDS though.

The LFA should count. New and rare enough, but it's not something we'll all have on our drives. I'm yet to see one in the flesh.

Toyota are not something to get excited about anymore, they have been superceeded by other cars for a while now. The Civic is better than the Corrola, the GTR is beating a non existant Supra. The 350/370z are better than a non existant Celica. Even the new Honda hybrids are making the Prius look old. The Fiat 500 has more character than the Aygo/IQ (and I hate the Fiat too).

All these newer cars are showing the flaws in the older Toyotas now. :(

Corolla.

End of arguement.

Agreed :thumbsup: & to be specific, I'd say my Executive GL Liftback. I'm biased, though, as I'm on my 2nd, now :driving:

I agree with you, that model car was the best finished of all time. I had the 1300GL version, really thick carpet, good quality seats and very comfortable.

Corolla.

End of arguement.

Gotta agree except for the Supra part. I'd love to get my hands on an AE86 Trueno and/or most of the old-skool Toyotas such as the KE35's. Nothing compares when it comes to style IMO.

That said, I would prefer the Trueno because it is so appraised. I'd go for monstrous power but without any of the giveaways (or at least not blatant). :drool:

And Vic, there are a couple in Wolverton and the one in Stony that I have mentioned to you, and I reckon that it is a very good looking car. It is in fact on my list of possible 3rd cars (already had a second).

Corolla.

End of arguement.

Gotta agree except for the Supra part. I'd love to get my hands on an AE86 Trueno and/or most of the old-skool Toyotas such as the KE35's. Nothing compares when it comes to style IMO.

That said, I would prefer the Trueno because it is so appraised. I'd go for monstrous power but without any of the giveaways (or at least not blatant). :drool:

And Vic, there are a couple in Wolverton and the one in Stony that I have mentioned to you, and I reckon that it is a very good looking car. It is in fact on my list of possible 3rd cars (already had a second).

You are a Gentleman, a Scholar & a good judge of bad Whiskey :thumbsup: [Whisky doesn't reach a "bad" rating] :bag::laughing:

Corolla.

End of arguement.

I agree with you, that model car was the best finished of all time. I had the 1300GL version, really thick carpet, good quality seats and very comfortable.

Interesting :thumbsup: I'm looking at one of those.It is the Sprinter & is a 1.3, 89k on the clock & 92 vintage in mint order. Only seen the photos yet but has NCT=MOT till next year Mine is a 1.6 & I'm wondering how it is for speed & power in comparison. A mechanic friend said "It wouldn't pull you out of a paper bag" :unsure:

I'm used to a good response when I floor it :driving:

Corolla.

End of arguement.

tongue.giflaugh.gif

Interesting thumbsup.gif I'm looking at one of those.It is the Sprinter & is a 1.3, 89k on the clock & 92 vintage in mint order. Only seen the photos yet but has NCT=MOT till next year Mine is a 1.6 & I'm wondering how it is for speed & power in comparison. A mechanic friend said "It wouldn't pull you out of a paper bag" unsure.gif

I'm used to a good response when I floor it driving.gif

What the comfy feel of a quality carpet :D

Corolla.

End of arguement.

tongue.giflaugh.gif

Interesting thumbsup.gif I'm looking at one of those.It is the Sprinter & is a 1.3, 89k on the clock & 92 vintage in mint order. Only seen the photos yet but has NCT=MOT till next year Mine is a 1.6 & I'm wondering how it is for speed & power in comparison. A mechanic friend said "It wouldn't pull you out of a paper bag" unsure.gif

Soft on the girlfriend's bare rear :drool:

Never to be found in an Aygo :bag::laughing:

My Blue has blue piped carpets that not only look stylish but are nicely laid, just like it's owner... cool.gif

PWNED.

:lol: :P

A saloon is never going to have much performance with a small engine, my Haynes manual (currently being used as a mouse mat) says that your manual Executive weighs in at 1490Kg with a 4A-FE 1.6 with 105 BHP and 100 ft/lb of torque.

Not terrible but not fantastic.

PWNED.

:lol: :P

A saloon is never going to have much performance with a small engine, my Haynes manual (currently being used as a mouse mat) says that your manual Executive weighs in at 1490Kg with a 4A-FE 1.6 with 105 BHP and 100 ft/lb of torque.

Not terrible but not fantastic.

Got her over the Ton on the Motorway & still accelerating :yahoo: Didn't test her to the red line, ever, coz she isn't a young un nor did I want points :ph34r:

Corolla.

End of arguement.

tongue.giflaugh.gif

Soft on the girlfriend's bare rear :drool:

Never to be found in an Aygo :bag::laughing:

Got her over the Ton on the Motorway & still accelerating yahoo.gif Didn't test her to the red line, ever, coz she isn't a young un nor did I want points ph34r.gif

I trust the motorway in question was the German Autobahn?? :rolleyes:

Is it the girlfriend or carpet that's not found in the Aygo! :yahoo:

Carpet for sure :thumbsup: & if the G/F is found in it there will be blood on the carpet :censor: Girlfriend's & car owners :death::gun_bandana::laughing:

Is it the girlfriend or carpet that's not found in the Aygo! yahoo.gif

I'll have you know that I have a lovely carpet in my Aygo and his girlfriend is in the boot :D

Speaking of carpet, I have a rather interesting problem with me grans Clio. She's not long for this world now (est 72hours, we have said our goodbyes) and the rear passenger foot-well keeps flooding with inches of water. There is no drip from the sunroof or the door seal so I'll be inspecting the sills. I'll have to take out the back seats and remove the carpet to recondition it and also sort out any rust. :censor: Hopefully I'll get it ready for my cousin for when he takes it on.

Any ideas?

Speaking of carpet, I have a rather interesting problem with me grans Clio. She's not long for this world now (est 72hours, we have said our goodbyes) and the rear passenger foot-well keeps flooding with inches of water. There is no drip from the sunroof or the door seal so I'll be inspecting the sills. I'll have to take out the back seats and remove the carpet to recondition it and also sort out any rust. :censor: Hopefully I'll get it ready for my cousin for when he takes it on.

Any ideas?

I have edited my not very smart reply & have apologised,humbly,in a later post.

I'm truly sorry at the news of your Gran, Kynan

Speaking of carpet, I have a rather interesting problem with me grans Clio. She's not long for this world now (est 72hours, we have said our goodbyes) and the rear passenger foot-well keeps flooding with inches of water. There is no drip from the sunroof or the door seal so I'll be inspecting the sills. I'll have to take out the back seats and remove the carpet to recondition it and also sort out any rust. censored.gif Hopefully I'll get it ready for my cousin for when he takes it on.

Any ideas?

Sorry to hear about your Gran KP.

When you pull up the carpet look for the drainage plug or rather check to see if it has fallen off that may be your problem.

If that was not the source of your leak then with the carpet still out put a chalkline around the bottom of the side panels and hose down the car to see if any leaks appear as it may be the tailgate seeping behind the panels.

Speaking of carpet, I have a rather interesting problem with me grans Clio. She's not long for this world now (est 72hours, we have said our goodbyes) and the rear passenger foot-well keeps flooding with inches of water. There is no drip from the sunroof or the door seal so I'll be inspecting the sills. I'll have to take out the back seats and remove the carpet to recondition it and also sort out any rust. censored.gif Hopefully I'll get it ready for my cousin for when he takes it on.

Any ideas?

Sorry to hear about your Gran KP.

When you pull up the carpet look for the drainage plug or rather check to see if it has fallen off that may be your problem.

If that was not the source of your leak then with the carpet still out put a chalkline around the bottom of the side panels and hose down the car to see if any leaks appear as it may be the tailgate seeping behind the panels.

OOps, Sorry about my faux pas. I read that to mean that they were letting the car go in 72 hours & having re read it in the clear light of day, I know I was wrong. Open mouth- insert both feet.

Kynan, please accept my most sincere apologies, & you have my deepest sympathy at the pending loss of your Gran.