Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Caliper Paint

LOZZA_T_SPORT

Which paint is the best on the market ?

On previous callipers the car was taken to the garage and the callipers removed and resprayed there. The paint hadn't faded for at least a year and who knows now because it now has a different owner! :lol:

I have used hammerite on my GTi but has taken 4 coats to make it look awesome. Better to do it with them off the car too. ;)

I used a 3 stage Caliper kit. Been on the car for 3 years now and not faded. :P

Unsure what make it was now... haha, Just recall it had three tins and a brush... hehe.

ebay's finest! :lol:

i used hammerite smooth silver but even hammered is fine. Just the texture of the paint is different when applied. Both look nice though :thumbsup:

Im also going to back hammerite, cant fault it!

go for the smooth one for the best end result, my engine bay has recently become the lucky victim of 4 cans of

smooth red and KP is right if you whant the best result it will take patience and a good amount of layers!

mine looked unimpressive at first but by the time the 3 coat dried I couldnt believe my eyes! :eek::yahoo:

(The main problem is getting carried away with layers!)

I also use hammerite, as said best to take the caliper off, but if you are too lazy (like I will be this weekend) just paint it on the car and it doesnt matter too much if you get drips and drops on the discs as it will usually come off under braking!

I also use hammerite, as said best to take the caliper off, but if you are too lazy (like I will be this weekend) just paint it on the car and it doesnt matter too much if you get drips and drops on the discs as it will usually come off under braking!

WHERES THE BEST PLACE TO BUY IT? eBay? OR ANY ONLINE STROE YOU RECOMMEND?

WHERES THE BEST PLACE TO BUY IT? eBay? OR ANY ONLINE STROE YOU RECOMMEND?

Halfords IS REALLY GOOD, THEY SELL IT AT £5 A TIN IN MK. :P

It's sold in so many places, hardware stores etc. I'd get the Hammerite smooth, gives a really deep gloss colour.

damnn i just spent £20 getting hammerite from the paint shop.

damnn i just spent £20 getting hammerite from the paint shop.

:jawdrop: :P

T'was on offer though I should've specified. It is normally about £15. ;)

Thank you for the replys,I will look for smooth hamerite in the colour of red

I know the picture isn't good because it's on my iPhone, they look orange but in reality they are bright red almost exactly the same as the red on the CTS.

The radiator fan picture gives a better idea of what colour it really is.

2010FEB-APRIL037.jpg

2010FEB-APRIL022.jpg

Loving the pan pic, im also thinking of getting my standard wheels powder coated in the same colour

I would recommend going for the spray, it gets in everywhere and goes on more evenly, (depending on sprayer),

ive just found using brushes on thick paints like hammerite and high-temp is a pain in arse if you whant

a really good finish without brush lines!

I have used hammerite hammered silver.

It is quite thick and tricky to paint on but i love the look it gives the calipers.

Im going to give them a second coat soon plus paint a few other bits too. laugh.gif

I would recommend going for the spray, it gets in everywhere and goes on more evenly, (depending on sprayer),

ive just found using brushes on thick paints like hammerite and high-temp is a pain in arse if you whant

a really good finish without brush lines!

That's why it's a good idea to do roughly 4 coats of paint and also quite thickly. Spray is better but if you can't remove them then I reccomend Hammerite Smooth Red. ;)

I'm going to do mine, as I'm messy and not much of an artist i'm going for hammerite and also waiting on some new seals for the brakes.

I'm going to do mine, as I'm messy and not much of an artist i'm going for hammerite and also waiting on some new seals for the brakes.

Make sure that you put paper down on the inside of the rims to ensure you don't get any paint on them. Do it triple thickness and also use Hammerite thinners because nothing else does it. I'm sure you already know this but I'd rather say it now... ;)

what rims!?

Your wheels. :P You don't want to get paint on the inside of your wheels as you paint the callipers, unless of course you do it like I have and take the calliper off first. :)